The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

MS-50G MultiStomp Guitar Pedal | ZOOM

Do you have one .....have you played through one ?

Do you like them ?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have the MS-100bt which is, I think, now unsupported (I seem to have a knack for buying hardware that is quickly not supported. I have a Yamaha MagicStomp, as well).

I haven't used it in a while but I had really good results with it. I set up some signal chains (reverb, EQ, an amp model, speaker model, etc.) within the device that ended up essentially turning it into a preamp running into a powered PA speaker and was pretty happy with the tones that I got. The pedal had enough output to drive the speaker without having to crank the volume way up. I also use that as a DI into a PA a few times and that worked really well, too. If I played more gigs needing a PA, it might be a go-to set up rather than bringing an amp.

It has a weird dependence, however, on the iOS app which is used to download and install patches. If you don't have the phone or iPad connected by Bluetooth to the pedal, your patches can disappear. Very strange. But at least it works! That's way better than Yamaha's computer software which never got updated past the original Macintosh OS 9 and Windows 7 or something like that. Great pedal, completely hamstrung by Yamaha's incomprehensible support practices.

thanks CM , that’s really helpful
    i’m intending to use it as you describe
    into a PA as it’s small light and battery powered and seems to do a bit of
    everything I need
    cheers

User Info Menu

I have the 70, which is the blue one; effects only, no amp sims or distortion.

And if you can deal with the interface (it's not hard one you figure it out), it can be an amazing little problem solver and a cheap source of some surprisingly good effects. And I'd get about 4-5 hours of battery life from two rechargeable aa batteries, which is more than plenty for any gig or jam.

I used it in two ways; as a fun experimental box, triggering a few basic effects or purposely messing with things I'd never actually pay for, like chorus or filters.

And the other, more effective use was with my acoustic and archtops. I made a preset for each guitar with two or three instances of parametric and graphic eq, followed by some reverb. I used the eq to cut out all the weird frequencies that would feedback, and as a low cut filter. Then I'd cut the highs and lows from the reverb so it wasn't too big or boomy. So I could prevent eq, correct the different pickup sounds and play loud as hell with no issues. All with one box to cover all my guitars. It worked better than my more expensive ex pedals. Pretty sweet for $120. That and my fishman Aura was pretty much my entire board for that kinda thing.

User Info Menu

I have one, it's extremely useful. Most of the modulation effects are really good. The compressors are good but not great. The overdrives are pretty meh, although a few are pretty good. The Twin amp simulator is pretty decent, I haven't really tried the others. It has quite a few nice delays and reverbs. The parametric EQ is also very handy.

It also functions as a tuner. In my view that's where it earns its keep - you need a tuner anyway, why not have a tuner that has a ton of effects, if you want them? You do need to have the correct power supply for it though.