The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 72

User Info Menu

Rob that was fantastic and I just love it. The Ibanez is nice any chance of a photo of this guitar. These guitars seem to be great but of course you playing is what does it.
    Last edited by deacon Mark; 10-11-2021 at 07:05 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Photo? I took this my phone, between a couple of my landscape photographs:

Ibanez AF2000 (unplugged) and Blues for Barney K - with free score-57ca0562-8982-4ec0-bfc9-1aa92d73d383-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Ibanez AF2000 (unplugged) and Blues for Barney K - with free score-fa6f1a20-da06-420d-b30f-170a0be9102b-jpg 
    Last edited by Rob MacKillop; 10-12-2021 at 09:12 AM.

User Info Menu

I do like b&w…

Ibanez AF2000 (unplugged) and Blues for Barney K - with free score-05ad8bfd-7fc8-4a1c-924f-7f9e2793dd4c-jpg

User Info Menu

Is there a relationship between the busy look in the landscape shot and your desk?

User Info Menu

None that springs to mind…

User Info Menu

I like the typewriter ....

User Info Menu

I have a small collection of classic typewriters…

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Who’s Rod?!

Photo? I took this my phone, between a couple of my landscape photographs:

Ibanez AF2000 (unplugged) and Blues for Barney K - with free score-57ca0562-8982-4ec0-bfc9-1aa92d73d383-jpg
    I fixed it I type faster than I can think. Rob

User Info Menu

That’s okay, Mart!

User Info Menu

Great piece of music Rob! I hear also your inner Django in this music. Thanks for sharing and keep on posting.

User Info Menu

Ha, thanks Fred. Django, eh? Well, I never!

User Info Menu

Love the tune. Glad to hear as well that the Ibanez is excellent. I love archtops with a real acoustic sound.

User Info Menu

Cheers, md. Me too!

User Info Menu

Twin Reverb arrived. Very happy:

Ibanez AF2000 (unplugged) and Blues for Barney K - with free score-a30f07a7-86e4-49aa-a786-77ec372c4647-jpg

User Info Menu

Come on Rob, I've been waiting for days here for you to plug that in.

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    I'm enjoying the AF2000 a lot, but so far have not been able to plug it in, having lost the power cable to my amp, but a new power cable is on its way.

Meanwhile, I was inspired to write a blues based on a motif from Cry Me A River, and called it Blues for Barney, but someone else has claimed that title, so I added a K on the end.

I have T-I flats on it, 12s, but you might hear that the first string is under powered, so I've ordered 14s. So, it's not set up for acoustic playing - I would have chosen different strings for that - but I thought you might want to hear it as is.

For a guitar that is not designed to be acoustic, the acoustic sound is more than acceptable to me, ymmv. The neck is superb! I'm very happy with it, though still have to plug it in.

So, here is the video of me in the kitchen practising my own piece...I almost get it! And here also is the score, should anyone else want to give it a try.

Congrats Rob. Sounds great! That guitar looks a lot like my FG 100 by the way. But it is probably a bit fancier in its appointments and materials.

DB

User Info Menu

If Rob turns that bad boy up to 10 and points it west i may hear it here in VA

Have fun with that Twin!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    If Rob turns that bad boy up to 10 and points it west i may hear it here in VA

Have fun with that Twin!
    Did you say 10?

Ibanez AF2000 (unplugged) and Blues for Barney K - with free score-iu-jpeg

User Info Menu

Yup 10 on a Fender I hear is like 11 on a Marshall?

User Info Menu

Patience, my friends. Still struggling with my left hand, and have had to lower the action now that the 14s are on. Seems easier now, but what to play...I might do the same piece again, as it's all I can play at the moment, apart from exploring different 2/5/1 possibilities. And I'm through and through an acoustic player, but really want to crack playing with an amp, and the amount of subtle tonal changes this combination of amp and guitar gives me is scary. Also contemplating another Creamery CC pickup, as that made a huge difference to the Eastman 503 (still on the For Sale page - grab it!) turning it from meh to WOW! No hurry, though.

User Info Menu

DB - you are right, it DOES look like the FG100. I never thought of that.

User Info Menu

Looks like a JP-20 to me with more conventional pickup placement.

User Info Menu

Yes, it looks a bit like previous incarnations, but the anigre (mahogany) back and sides give it a different quality.

User Info Menu

Yes, warmer and fuller. The maple JP is more on the bright side as you'd expect.

User Info Menu

Great playing, and a great sounding guitar Rob! Too much of the general guitar public forgets that Ibanez not only makes super Strats for the shredder & metal crowd, but that they make great hollow & semi-hollow guitars. I had an Ibanez Artstar AF120 that was a great guitar, in the mid 2000s. Nowadays though, I lean more towards full hollow, when it comes to Ibanez, and I find their necks (other than the expensive EKM100 Eric Krasno semi-hollowbody) to be a bit on the thin side for me.