The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

The tailpieces are not made that way. They get into that shape because they're underengineered, made from sheet metal that is too thin for the job. They slowly unbend under string tension. Trying to use them as tremolos won't have much effect, because the extra tension from pressing on the tailpiece is very small compared to the long-term tension from the strings, especially if they strings are heavy. All the manufacturer really cares about is that the tailpiece not fail before the guitar is sold and the warranty expires. If it fails just after the warranty expires, they make more money from selling a replacement. This is the General Motors business plan. I learned my lesson from buying a GM car years ago, and will not buy another. Nor will I buy an Ibanez.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have a 155 tailpiece in excellent condition. (Replaced mine wit a GB tailpiece, but that was for cosmetic purposes).

How to adjust trapeze tailpiece Ibanez AF155-e6fb6785-537b-4849-b37c-7d601ccf800e-jpeg

If you want you can have it. Just for the price of postage. The metal one, that is.

of course, you might want to consider an alternative rather than replace like for like.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsclosson;[URL="tel:1149217"
    1149217[/URL]]I have a 155 tailpiece in excellent condition. (Replaced mine wit a GB tailpiece, but that was for cosmetic purposes).

How to adjust trapeze tailpiece Ibanez AF155-e6fb6785-537b-4849-b37c-7d601ccf800e-jpeg

If you want you can have it. Just for the price of postage. The metal one, that is.

of course, you might want to consider an alternative rather than replace like for like.
    i’d be very interested in seeing a side-on shot
    of that (new ?) af 155 tailpiece , to see if sgosnell’s proposition is correct

because my experience of ibanez is that they are very solidly made and last

(i believe the famous ibanez tailpiece hinge fracture issue is an outlier)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    i’d be very interested in seeing a side-on shot
    of that (new ?) af 155 tailpiece , to see if sgosnell’s proposition is correct

because my experience of ibanez is that they are very solidly made and last

(i believe the famous ibanez tailpiece hinge fracture issue is an outlier)
    I will get pics as soon as I can. I have a dayjob so I will try this afternoon.

User Info Menu

don’t worry I found these pics
    on the website

How to adjust trapeze tailpiece Ibanez AF155-18fb54a9-27fb-4b27-9caa-ff1bb027e6c5-jpegHow to adjust trapeze tailpiece Ibanez AF155-ca01d93f-4c7c-416f-8e15-83a75b77b70c-jpeg

the tailpieces look similar to mine and yours
    so i don’t think it’s a problem

play on !