The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hey All - I’m in love with the westville vanguard but need to get something that is sold here in the states. What’s out there? Any price range is fine. The vanguard is a semi hollow but 1.75 inches rather than 1.5 (like my Gibson 335). It’s got a great woody sounds from the carved woods. Any suggestions?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

If you are in love with the Vanguard and price is no object, then why don't you get in touch with Masaki and order one? In my experience the price/quality ratio of Westville guitars is excellent.

User Info Menu

Budget??

The instrument is being purchased for me from my job and they don’t want to deal internationally. Budget can be up to 5k range.

User Info Menu

Sadowsky SS-15 (laminate but still "woody"), if you need 2 PUs, there was a discontinued 2PU version, might show up on used market.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MHoranzy
    The instrument is being purchased for me from my job and they don’t want to deal internationally. Budget can be up to 5k range.
    Wow, I want your job!

Try Holst or Campellone.

User Info Menu

Masaki is wonderful. There must be some way to reach out to him and get yourself a Westville if that's what your heart is set on. Perhaps Masaki knows of some for sale over here.