The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A friend recently bought a Polytone amp and has several questions. I offered to start a thread here to see if anyone might be able to answer his questions.

Model: Polytone Mini S-15B Bass amp

How many watts output is the amp?

Are the 2 channels identical or are the tone stacks different?
    They appear to sound the same?

What does the "stereo" switch do?

Questions Re: Polytone Mini S-15B Amp-screen-shot-2021-09-26-9-29-48-am-png

In the back of the amp there are 3 speaker jacks on the bottom right.

What is the purpose of the jacks labelled "Bass" and "Treble"?
    Are these output jacks for the bass and treble speakers OR are these speaker input jacks?

To the left of the power cable is another jack. Most Polytones have headphone jacks. Is this for the headphones or something else?

Questions Re: Polytone Mini S-15B Amp-screen-shot-2021-09-26-9-28-43-am-png

Many thanks in advance for all comments.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hello, I have one of these as well (this has the two tweeters, correct?). I've had a bunch of Poly's and this is probably the best sounding one. It's bigger, but worth the extra weight.

Watts? I forget, but it's not like the 100w of a Marshall tube amp, but it's certainly loud enough. Btw, most poly's can get a lot louder if you push it with a boost, or better yet an eq pedal (some really cool fendery sounds can be found).

Tone stacks are the same

Id have to double check the manual for their stereo explanation. I do recall them stating it will change the sound slightly even for one channel, and to try both to see what you prefer.

B and T outs, biamp outputs from the power amp.

The other Jack is I believe a foot switch to turn off the tweeters.

Hope that helps.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vintagelove
    Hello, I have one of these as well (this has the two tweeters, correct?). I've had a bunch of Poly's and this is probably the best sounding one. It's bigger, but worth the extra weight.

Watts? I forget, but it's not like the 100w of a Marshall tube amp, but it's certainly loud enough. Btw, most poly's can get a lot louder if you push it with a boost, or better yet an eq pedal (some really cool fendery sounds can be found).

Tone stacks are the same

Id have to double check the manual for their stereo explanation. I do recall them stating it will change the sound slightly even for one channel, and to try both to see what you prefer.

B and T outs, biamp outputs from the power amp.

The other Jack is I believe a foot switch to turn off the tweeters.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks very much for the detailed response!

Yes, the amp does have two tweeters.

Do you have the POLYTONE manual in .doc or .pdf format?
    If YES, could you please post it in the thread?
    It would be very helpful and much appreciated if that is possible.

Again, many thanks.

User Info Menu

Vintagelove is correct.

The amp is 75 watts output.

User Info Menu

A schematic of the amp is available online for $20, Google will find it for you if you or your friend want it that badly.

User Info Menu

Googling around, I see Polytone made a 2x15 bass combo. The Polytone 215-300. Yikes!

User Info Menu

My friend wanted me to thank everyone for their responses and mentioned that he did not need a schematic of the amp but would certainly be interested in getting a copy of the Owner's Manual.

He also wanted to post a pic of this amp that he owned in the past.

In his words....
    "the one that got away, wish I had it back".

"15" speaker and Sonic Circuit....amazing amp."

Questions Re: Polytone Mini S-15B Amp-dsc08910-jpg