User Info Menu

Hi all.

I'm considering the purchase of a DV Mark Micro 60 Jazz amp head for use in my home studio. I plan to plug it into to a channel of my small desktop mixer. The amp head doesn't have an XLR out but it does have an Effects Send. If I ran the Effects Send to a DI box could I then send the XLR Out of the DI box to a mic input on my mixer without any degradation of the high frequencies or any other issues?

That's the basic question but I have an alternate scenario I'm also curious about.

My mixer is a Mackie 402 and the mic channels also have a line input with a button that, when pressed, can "...accept direct instrument-level signals from guitars or other instruments. They will be impedance-matched to the line input, without the need for a DI box". Would this not apply to the signal from the Effects Send as that signal is "higher" than instrument level? Or could the Effect Send go straight to the line input on the mixer without having to press this impedance-matching button.

I know the LJ combo has an XLR Out but I'd like to explore this option first.

Thanks in advance.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

DVMark actually says that the effects send can be used for a direct line out. It's not really the same as an XLR direct line but I've recorded with it at home and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    DVMark actually says that the effects send can be used for a direct line out. It's not really the same as an XLR direct line but I've recorded with it at home and it works fine.
    That's the best possible answer, Lawstone. Thanks!!