The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

No, not my best buddy friend, *that* would be bad!

I backed the car over my Henriksen Bud. Luckily I felt it in time and stopped quickly, it was in my gear bag, flipped upside down, and only received minor cosmetic damage, just some scuffing and a torn handle. No knobs were touched, dodged a bullet there. With some wonderful help and service from Eric at Henriksen, she's back to new. In fact, since I use it so much for pit work, I like the newer black stitched handle, we try to keep things as black as possible. I can't say enough about Henriksen service. It was completely my own fault and Eric took care of it.

I ran over my bud!-bud-damage-jpg

I ran over my bud!-bud-fixed-jpg
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 09-21-2021 at 10:28 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

[It may be time to "lay off the bud," Woody -- you're driving impaired!]

Congrats on the "new" amp!

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    [It may be time to "lay off the bud," Woody -- you're driving impaired!]

Congrats on the "new" amp!
    Haha! The real irony is, I was in a rush to leave to bring the amp for *someone else* to borrow on short notice! Forgot that I left the gear bag behind the car.
    (And BTW, he was blown away by the power and clarity of the little Bud.)
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 09-21-2021 at 08:02 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Haha! The real irony is, I was in a rush to leave to bring the amp for *someone else* to borrow on short notice! Forgot that I left the gear bag behind the car.
    (And BTW, he was blown away by the power and clarity of the little Bud.)
    Maybe next time try leaving the stuff on the roof of the car instead?

Hope it's alright? Charge your mate for the damaged handle. It was his fault anyway right?

User Info Menu

WS that just reminded me of that old joke about the policeman who ran over himself..

The jokes goes : ' Did you hear the story about the policeman who ran over himself ? "

This policeman was sitting home one day and ran out of cigarettes, so he asks his wife

" Honey, run over to the drugstore please, and get me a carton of cigarettes. "

And his wife says : " Sorry, I can't - - I'm making supper. "

So the policeman says " Ok ", and ran over himself........

User Info Menu

When Fender sees this they`ll launch a whole new series of Road Worn amps…

Quote Originally Posted by Llacrobat
    When Fender sees this they`ll launch a whole new series of Road Worn amps…
    Haha, truly road worn, ground into the concrete driveway.

User Info Menu

Ha! I did the same thing only drove forward instead of backward and didn't run over it. I went all the way from Anaheim to Los Angeles before realizing it was sitting on the road back there. Thankfully it wasn't stolen (or damaged).

User Info Menu

I did this once when I was rushing to a gig. Backed over my '66 Vibrolux Reverb and it got wedged under the bumper. I lifted it off myself in that adrenaline filled moment. I haven't put gear behind the car since, the worst I can do now is leave it in the driveway.