User Info Menu

Newbie here...Just purchased a 2007 AR910CE Blonde. Great condition with a few minor cosmetic dings.

My question. The finish on it is a very light satin, with the exception of the neck which is gloss. When I look at pictures of other '07, the finish looks like a high gloss. Anyone familiar w this year and
    model know what the factory finish was? Just curious...
    If the factory is high gloss, wondering if this was a custom order and if I could tell by researching the Serial number.

Any info would certainly be appreciated..thanks!
    Last edited by lasmith; 09-15-2021 at 05:56 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

For what it is worth, I've owned almost every Eastman model, including a couple of AR-910's, and I've never seen an Eastman archtop with anything but a high gloss finish.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzWhiteBelt
    For what it is worth, I've owned almost every Eastman model, including a couple of AR-910's, and I've never seen an Eastman archtop with anything but a high gloss finish.
    Interesting..thanks! I tried taking a picture, but it doesn't really show the finish. I do like the satin finish, (or whatever it is), but I did think it was different from any others I had seen.

User Info Menu

The early Eastmans had a violin finish. At the time the guitars were a side project of a violin company. My 2006 AR-810CE has a high-gloss lacquer finish, but they still offered violin finish at the time. I don’t recall if the violin finish was high gloss.