The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21

User Info Menu

Thanks to my rather quirky habit of earning points and redeeming them for gift cards, I am getting this guitar for free. I LOVE free!

Based on the many reviews, I think this’ll be a great find for a semi hollow body guitar. The specs are amazing and the thin open pore finish is beautiful.
    At best, it will be a great all around axe for all the styles I play.
    At worst, it looks like a great platform for mods and upgrades.

Time will tell.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What is this "points earning" you speak of? I like free guitars

User Info Menu

Looking forward to your NGD. Congrats!

User Info Menu

[Yikes -- dangerous shipping in the video!]

Congrats on the new guitar -- let us know when it gets there!

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Looking forward to your NGD. Congrats!
    Can hardly wait. I have a Stetsbar just waiting to be installed.

User Info Menu

I love the finish…

User Info Menu

I love the finish…let the pores be free!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    I love the finish…let the pores be free!
    The finish and the beautifully dressed stainless steel frets were major selling points for me. Also the bone nut. Could require few, if any upgrades.

This is the review that really sold me:

My first "good" guitar was a Gibson ES-335. I was 19. After the honeymoon period, I realized that there were quality control issues. However, I played it for a long time. To this day, every time I play a 335 style guitar, I feel like I have come home. It just feels right. And they are so darn versatile.

...and the fun begins. I was sitting at my home, which I never left for even a minute yesterday, and a notice popped up on my phone that DHL attempted to make a delivery but was unable because nobody was home. (?!?!?!?)

User Info Menu

It's DHL.

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    It's DHL.
    Oh yeah, it’s supposedly on the truck and out for delivery today. This is frustrating!

User Info Menu

All of my guitars were made on eart. They do some good stuff there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsclosson
    Oh yeah, it’s supposedly on the truck and out for delivery today. This is frustrating!

Well???

User Info Menu

I would be interested in your own review, especially the shape and neck thickness. Good luck and happy NGD.

Finally arrived!!! Initial reaction is very positive. The action is not quite where I would put it (a little high), but I am going to work on that after installing the Stetsbar.

The neck is slightly narrower than I usually play, but it feels great. The compound radius makes it even more pleasant.

Frets are smooth, shiny and perfectly dressed. No tool marks on the edges. Setup seems to be great. I cannot find a dead spot anywhere.

Intonation perfect out of the box.

Maybe my ear is not as discerning as some, but the pickups sound great to me. Plenty of range and versatility. Sweet and chimey.

I have yet to find a flaw on the gorgeous, thin finish. I am debating on removing the pick guard. I could take this on a gig tonight without any adjustment, if I only had one.

All in all, I am totally satisfied! Will post a more comprehensive review down the road. Pics to follow as well.

User Info Menu

Congrats -- but "pics," or it didn't happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Congrats -- but "pics," or it didn't happen!!

NGOTW New Guitar On the Way-eart-front-jpgNGOTW New Guitar On the Way-eart-back-jpg

I will post more when I install the Stetsbar
    Attached Images Attached Images NGOTW New Guitar On the Way-bf2ea499-5290-490d-acba-bb01e055e895-jpg 
    Last edited by rsclosson; 09-10-2021 at 08:36 AM.

User Info Menu

Yeah -- nice! I dig the finish! Play it well!

NGOTW New Guitar On the Way-eart-stets-jpg

Final iteration.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsclosson
    NGOTW New Guitar On the Way-eart-stets-jpg

Final iteration.
    Very tasty! Congratulations, and play it in good health!