The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

View Poll Results: Are you currently in Buyer, Seller or Holder mode these days ?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buyer: I'm on the lookout for the next "One" or maybe two...or three....

8 10.96%
  • Seller: got too many and it's time to make room for that Barca lounger I always wanted.

9 12.33%
  • Holder: like Little Red Riding Hood's Portage, their collection is "just right".

38 52.05%
  • Changes Daily: plan or attitude is always in a state of flux.

18 24.66%
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

I've got one archtop I'd like to sell (Schaefer hollow body Fred Hamilton model - LET ME KNOW IF INTERESTED) and one solid body I might sell due to lack of use, but otherwise I like my other 4 archtops (3 at home, 1 at the office) even though I mostly play just 1 of them. They are all quite different, which I like. No plans to add more guitars.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    Honestly, I'd like to thin the herd, but even when I list a git at a fair price, the potential buyer wants more off, sometimes stupid amounts off.
    ask for an unfair price and then let them bargain you down to the fair price.

User Info Menu

I did that recently, for some contract work. They gave me the unfair price.

User Info Menu

Technically a seller, but I can't bring myself to list any of the guitars I "should" sell, namely a Hofner Verythin John Stowell and an American Standard Strat.

User Info Menu

Player.

User Info Menu

I can't think of much of anything I bought thinking I'd sell it. Like, why buy it in the first place???

User Info Menu

I used to be a player, not to any real accomplished level. I studied and was on my way, so to speak but in the end I didn't enjoy going through, what it would take to be a world class player.
    That and I was always more interest in composition. I learnt what I needed to and then moved on to other things.
    Mostly working to buy property so I didn't grow old and poor.

That being said my passion for jazz guitars has never abated so I buy, sell, admire, learn, seek out, hunt down, meet people, hang out on this forum. It's a wonderful lifestyle that doesn't involve 8 hours a day of practice.

I've currently got 9 guitars. All of which I've wanted to own. My goal is to own all the greatest jazz guitars ever made.
    I just need a few boomers to pass away so I can get my hands on their collections

Kidding guys. You stay healthy.