Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Who is Alex Price again?
    The guy who made the video in post #1.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I wonder if the nickel/bronze strings would bring out little more "acoustic" tone on a laminate like a 175 or Sadowsky, etc.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    I wonder if the nickel/bronze strings would bring out little more "acoustic" tone on a laminate like a 175 or Sadowsky, etc.
    It's easy enough to find out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    I've tried phosphor-bronze on a 175-ish Samick I used to have, and it didn't make a lot of difference. It added some treble and made it a hair louder, but it's still a guitar with very little acoustic voice.

I've also used Martin Retro (Monel, nickel, or "nickel" if you prefer) acoustic strings on a Godin Kingpin, which has a relatively lively acoustic sound compared to other set pickup laminate guitars. They're definitely a little louder than an electric nickel string (e.g., TI Bebop Jazz, which I tried on that guitar as well), but not dramatically.

My lesson learned is that you can't change the basic acoustic character of an electric guitar by changing strings.

User Info Menu

When I had a D35 in the 70's I played copper wound strings. I think they were martin branded.

I was looking for Steve Stills Martin D45 sound and those strings worked miracles to get as close as I could without ditching the D35.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    It's easy enough to find out.