Quote Originally Posted by Shay
    Beautiful. Enjoy it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks Shay

User Info Menu

Lovely! How are you liking the sound?

User Info Menu

Beautiful!
    Hope you like it. I'm still on the fence purchasing one.
    So the neck is manageable for you?
    I try for myself to ignore neck size issues, and just play the guitar whatever the neck.
    I do have small hands, but I tend to think the real difficulty to adapt to necks is more a question of scale length than neck carve after all.
    For example, I have a hard time playing on gypsy guitars that have 670 mm scale lengths (that's 26.4 inches I think).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    Lovely! How are you liking the sound?
    It has a very pleasing well balanced sound. Not huge in the bass. It has TI Bebops on it which I find a bit loose. I'm more used to 13 Chromes on a longer scale - harder to fret but slightly stronger sound. The original strings were a good semitone flat so better now in concert. I want to hear someone else to play it so I can appreciate it from a distance. I sort of want the guitar to be acoustic but as it has the addition of a neck mount it'll get played plugged in so I don't know what type of strings to get. Will have to start another thread!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jx30510
    Beautiful!
    Hope you like it. I'm still on the fence purchasing one.
    So the neck is manageable for you?
    I try for myself to ignore neck size issues, and just play the guitar whatever the neck.
    I do have small hands, but I tend to think the real difficulty to adapt to necks is more a question of scale length than neck carve after all.
    For example, I have a hard time playing on gypsy guitars that have 670 mm scale lengths (that's 26.4 inches I think).
    They don't come up used or with delivery very often. I happened to have to make a journey and the collection location was en route. It was clearly a sign!!! It was less than half the Thomann new price and is one of the earlier poly finish (if I have my facts correct!).
    I'd read about the love/hate neck issue. I seem to manage most necks but this could have potentially been a problem. It turns out it's no problem at all for me even though it's clearly different to anything else I have. I have a couple of oval holes and yes, they take a bit of getting used to if they haven't been played for a while. Cheers.

User Info Menu

Lovely...

While I was thinking and considering quality issues the price for new one grew up, and currency exchange rate in my country changed dramatically, and they began to apply import fee over EUR200 (it was over EUR1000 before))))... so now it became 3-4 times more expensive)))

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah
    Lovely...

While I was thinking and considering quality issues the price for new one grew up, and currency exchange rate in my country changed dramatically, and they began to apply import fee over EUR200 (it was over EUR1000 before))))... so now it became 3-4 times more expensive)))
    Thanks Jonah.
    It's frightening how prices are rising. I knew I had to strike whilst the iron was hot!! This used one was a very good price. There doesn't seem to be any build issues. If there had been the seller would have had them sorted. He's a close (and musical) friend of the amazing British guitarist Martin Taylor. I think he must know a good bit about guitars. He was only selling this to help fund an Elferink!! An upgrade I guess!!
    Last edited by garybaldy; 07-24-2021 at 11:26 AM.

User Info Menu

Lovely instrument! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Lovely instrument! Congratulations, and play it in good health!
    Thank you sir