The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 82 of 82

User Info Menu

Nothing that fancy here Greg.
    For the last 30 yrs I've been running a hot rodded 60s Dynaco Stereo 70 power amp w 4 EL-34s, 60s Lafayette KT 600 preamp and Dynaco Pas receiver into an old pair of hot rodded Boston Acoustic A-100 speakers.
    I think I'm into the whole rig for less than $1500 and it sounds great.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

100% digital streaming via Qobuz hi-res. A few years back I invested in a fairly end-game hardware stack (Benchmark), as well as some highly-resolving headphones (Sennheiser HD800S). And speakers of course. I have some CDs and a nice player, but it gathers dust. As does the turntable.

User Info Menu

2B, I am amazed at how much that 70's gear goes for (fully serviced) these days. That is a trigger I am not ready to pull.

I love your posters of Trane, Bird and Diz. Those cats are among the greatest artists that America has ever had. IMO, Anyone who wants a reason to be proud to be an American can start with them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Nothing that fancy here Greg.
    For the last 30 yrs I've been running a hot rodded 60s Dynaco Stereo 70 power amp w 4 EL-34s, 60s Lafayette KT 600 preamp and Dynaco Pas receiver into an old pair of hot rodded Boston Acoustic A-100 speakers.
    I think I'm into the whole rig for less than $1500 and it sounds great.
    I’ve $20k in audio gear, and it’s a very modest system. You’ve at least $20k in guitar investment, no? I guess we invest in what we value.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    2B, I am amazed at how much that 70's gear goes for (fully serviced) these days. That is a trigger I am not ready to pull.

I love your posters of Trane, Bird and Diz. Those cats are among the greatest artists that America has ever had. IMO, Anyone who wants a reason to be proud to be an American can start with them.
    Thanks SS! It’s a small 12x15’ room. What you don’t see is the iconic photo of Dexter blowing smoke, and the two posters of Miles. That poster of Trane is an original advertisement from 1960 I had permanently encased and laminated. I found it on the wall of a used record store. I offered the store manager $100 for it back in 1985. You never know what you’ll find while cruising used record stores. I truly miss them.

User Info Menu

2B has the best stereo system ever!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    2B has the best stereo system ever!
    Not so, but you own far sexier archtops than I do!