The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Posts 101 to 125 of 133

User Info Menu

I use AKG K240 Studio headphones.
    $50-60 bucks.
    I don't like wearing headphones and haven't experimented with many.

Sorry! Something went wrong!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    I use AKG K240 Studio headphones.
    $50-60 bucks.
    I don't like wearing headphones and haven't experimented with many.

Sorry! Something went wrong!
    I hear ya man! I don't really like wearing them either.
    But as I am practicing on synth stuff (EWI & groovebox) it is necessary.
    So I want something comfortable.

Meanwhile, my guitar practice is 99% acoustic.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Longways to Go
    I hear ya man! I don't really like wearing them either.
    But as I am practicing on synth stuff (EWI & groovebox) it is necessary.
    So I want something comfortable.

Meanwhile, my guitar practice is 99% acoustic.
    I have to use them for recording vocals on demos. I use them as little as possible. Perhaps they will grow on me....

User Info Menu

I have some Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones that I like a lot. I don't know what they cost, because they were a gift. Probably not high-end, but they're good enough for me. My sound engineer SIL picked them out, so I don't think they're too bad.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dconeill
    Grado SR325e works for me. The model has been replaced by the SR325x. Open back, highly rated, not too expensive. Easy to power.
    Grado makes great, lightweight, comfortable, excellent sounding headphones.

User Info Menu

Does anyone have a recommendation for headphones? I want something old school that effectively seals out outside noise.

But I don't feel comfortable with the active noise canceling of Bose. It puts a weird pressure in the ears.

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Akg 141d

Inviato dal mio SM-G970F utilizzando Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I have a set of closed backs from Blue the microphone company. Mine are the originals with the built-in FIIOS amp. Just looked for a link and there are now a couple of models with and without the amp. I record and mix with the amp off and only turn it on when listening to a mobile device. These are 50 ohm phones. Very comfortable despite the formula 1 looking suspension system.

Would highly recommend but the list price for what I think is the equivalent current model is now more than twice what I paid 5 years ago during their introductory offers.

User Info Menu

Sennheiser HD280 Pro. I like them. Reasonably comfortable and sound good to me.

User Info Menu

+1^ I have a set of HD280 Pro that I received as a gift from my kids, picked out by my audio engineer SIL. Solid headphones.

User Info Menu

I recently went through a search and went with these, closed backs

Meze 99 Classics Walnut Gold Wood Headphones | Meze Audio - Sound. Comfort. Design. True audio.

i found all the “ reference” and “studio” cans were exactly that: sterile exact reproduction. The Meze have a warm detail that I love. Classical organ I hear a good solid bass yet still the extremely high pipes (Mixtures).
    Jazz sounds nice, not fatiguing.

no connection, just love ‘em.
    jk

User Info Menu

Sony MDR-7506 work well and sound great for everything from studio tracking to watching videos on youtube.

User Info Menu

I didn't want to break the bank. These just came in today ATH M30X bout 70 bucks. Just listened to some music through them and they sounded real good to me

User Info Menu

Okay, thanks. Plenty to look into here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzinNY
    Does anyone have a recommendation for headphones? I want something old school that effectively seals out outside noise.

But I don't feel comfortable with the active noise canceling of Bose. It puts a weird pressure in the ears.

Thanks.
    Set a budget first. You can spend as little as $25 or as much as $10K for headphones. Without a budget you'll never be able to make a decision.

You'll want closed-back, over-ear headphones for the isolation from outside noise.

You should consider your source. Some sources don't have the power or the proper impedance to drive certain headphones well. For example, some higher-impedance headphones (e.g., 300 ohms) don't work well with some audio players (which seem to want 32 ohm headphones).

It might also help, to get meaningful replies, to describe what music you want to listen to.

User Info Menu

My favorite set of studio cans is Beyerdynamic DT 770s, specifically the 80-ohm version as an all-rounder. 5hz to 35khz frequency response, butt ugly, and very comfortable to wear. I have tried 280s and various ATH's as well, but I find the DT's superior in every way - most immediately noticable, the sturdy build.

User Info Menu

Every time this comes up I say to look for ones that have fabric washable ear cups. I say that because every pair that I have had with leatherette covered earcups deteriorated over time exposing crumbling foam. My 2 cents.

User Info Menu

Related questions: where do you hang your headphones?
    I hang mine over a boom mic stand, though I'm not happy with that arrangment.
    I'm looking for a dedicated hook (or something like a hook) so they'll always be handy but never taking up space on top of my desk.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr quick
    My favorite set of studio cans is Beyerdynamic DT 770s, specifically the 80-ohm version as an all-rounder. 5hz to 35khz frequency response, butt ugly, and very comfortable to wear. I have tried 280s and various ATH's as well, but I find the DT's superior in every way - most immediately noticable, the sturdy build.
    Love my DT-880 600ohm. Need an amp to drive them adequately but they’re supremely comfortable and sound very nice.

User Info Menu

I hang mine on a coat hook on the side of my desk. My desk is a complete wall cabinet, btw.

User Info Menu

I hang mine on a disused guitar wall hanger that I put in the wrong place long ago. It's a good place for headphones, though.

User Info Menu

Go to audiosciencereview.com for no BS reviews and recommendations. The Sennheiser HD600 are affordable and nearly faultless but you don't even need to spend that much, especially if using EQ.

User Info Menu

If you're looking for studio headphones the Sennheiser HD280 Pro are good value and very comfortable to wear for extended periods.

But if you're looking to just listen to music through them, most people prefer headphones that are designed for that specific purpose, and not studio headphones (that tend to be more accurate and "descriptive", great for mixing and recording, but generally less fun for music listening)..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes
    Related questions: where do you hang your headphones?
    I hang mine over a boom mic stand, though I'm not happy with that arrangment.
    I'm looking for a dedicated hook (or something like a hook) so they'll always be handy but never taking up space on top of my desk.

I just happen to have two pieces of metal jutting out at convenient locations:

The cross member on a rolling mixer/rack stand to the right of my workstation and an upright member of the effects rack sitting on top of the desk.

User Info Menu

Mic stand or, gasp!, floor
    Attached Images Attached Images Favorite Headphones?-3bf4ed6a-f354-4341-9876-458b7485fc65-jpg