The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Posts 176 to 200 of 216

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donplaysguitar
    Imperial tuners look good and can be easier to turn/easier on the fingers. Having them made in something other than gold - as was done on this guitar - means they won't tarnish either. Doubly good!
    Interesting, I was kind of meh on the Imperials when I ordered my Campy but have come to really like the way they work, much more than the regular Grovers. And yes, the gold will tarnish!

What are these buttons made of?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

You can get them in solid pearl or imitation plastic pearl. Mark said the plastic actually looks better and far cheaper so I went with plastic. I can always order the real pearl down the road if I don't like them.

He told me today the guitar ships out on Monday

I am hoping for some finished photos with the tp cropped out to show before it ships.

User Info Menu

Shipping Monday?
    Happy Thanksgiving for Vinny!!!
    Deservedly ?

User Info Menu

The CampoVinny effects my typing…Ooops… should be:
    “Deservedly!?”
    Not “Deservedly ?”
    small typo big difference

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    He told me today the guitar ships out on Monday
    Not to tell you what to do but I would consider delaying shipping for a week.

Picture a fresh nitro finish sitting in unheated warehouses during the annual Eve --> Thanksgiving --> TG+ labor-shortage period.

But yeah, it's understandable that you're eager, Vin!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sherry

Picture a fresh nitro finish sitting in unheated warehouses during the annual Eve --> Thanksgiving --> TG+ labor-shortage period.

That's a good point, I did that once with a guitar (not nearly as nice as a new Campellone, either) maybe 20 years ago for the same reason.

2 day air. I will have it on Wednesday

User Info Menu

Thanksgiving week starts tomorrow night for many people - they take three days of vacation and they get 10 days off
    you know the airlines and the roads are gonna be crowded and nuts

Im excited for you .!!!!

User Info Menu

Vinny I might have you beat here. Yeah, you're getting a cool guitar. But about the time your guitar is arriving (I'm jealous!) I'll be getting a new grandson! George Stone should enter the world in the next 7-10 days! That's about the only arrival I can think of that beats your new Campellone!

Awesome Lawson ! I have 9 grandchildren and 4 great grands.
    The great thing about grandkids is you get them all amped up on sugar then give them back.
    Payback is a bitch....

User Info Menu

The great thing about grandkids is you get them all amped up on sugar then give them back.
    Payback is a bitch....
    Indeed! Tried and true. Grandparents and Grandchildren get along so well because they share a common enemy,..

User Info Menu

lol and soooo true

Payback is a bitch....

User Info Menu

I have three grandsons, and another, of undetermined gender, on the way. Its parents, totally unreasonably, don't want to know until birth. They seem to fail to understand that grandparents need to know what to stock up on. A girl would be cool, but based on history a boy is probably more likely. In any case, I will be almost 75 by the time it's born. My wife and I got a late start, both past 30 when our first came along, and both the kids were well past 30 before they had kids, so great-grands are out of the question before we're long gone. But we're having loads of fun, so no complaints at all. I think the only reason to have children is for grandchildren. We have to go through the long painful process of parenting before we can have all the fun.

User Info Menu

Two children, one of each; four grandchildren - one boy, three girls; four great-grandchildren - one girl, three boys. We are blessed.

The new batch is completed

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-043156d7-abcf-4ced-aefc-ec20bdcdd8c3-jpeg

User Info Menu

Talk about beautiful children... WHOOOEEEEE!

I really like that dark antique natural on 2 and 5.

User Info Menu

I really like that dark antique natural on 2 and 5.
    I was just thinking the same thing. They are all gorgeous and I'm glad I've got 2 years to decide Definitely getting the white tuning pegs though!

I thought he was building batches of 5 at a time? No matter, I am likely misremembering that.

User Info Menu

Now then, that looks rather gorgeous!

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-f26ee417-05b8-4ca1-96a4-7d8140234019-jpg

User Info Menu

That guy is hot enough to cook with.

"Ya cain't blame the gear anymore."

+ + +

Like that V1K "Square-Wave" tailpiece too!

User Info Menu

That guy is hot enough to cook with.

"Ya cain't blame the gear anymore."

+ + +

Like that V1K "Square-Wave" tailpiece too!
    Wish I could show it but a man is only as good as his word.

Also I learned very early in life with Jimmy D that you don’t anger guitar makers
    especially 2 top gun guitar makers.

User Info Menu

Vinny, please tell me it's not a picture of Trump!

User Info Menu

Wish I could show it but a man is only as good as his word.

Also I learned very early in life with Jimmy D that you don’t anger guitar makers
    especially 2 top gun guitar makers.
    Vinny, I bet you had Mark install one of these tailpieces on your V1K model...