Posts 151 to 175 of 216

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Privately yes, Internet no.
    Is it a wood or metal tailpiece?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Another top gun archtop builder built me a very special custom tailpiece for this guitar.
    I had to promise both builders to never show it publicly.
    A huge favor from both builders that I must honor but all I
    can say is WOW.
    Both these builders did me a tremendous solid.
    The Campellone tailpieces are already very beautiful. It's hard to imagine going beyond, but I believe you. After that last picture, you can tell me Mark created the Rocky Mountains and I'd believe it. Gosh, I just can't stop looking at that picture. What an utterly stunning guitar, even at this stage!

User Info Menu

Another top gun archtop builder built me a very special custom tailpiece for this guitar.
    I had to promise both builders to never show it publicly.
    A huge favor from both builders that I must honor but all I
    can say is WOW.
    Vinny - Can you please explain why?

AKA

User Info Menu

Love the un-tinted white binding.

"It will age itself, one day at a time!"

Lawson I will send you a personal email pic when done. I MUST respect the builder's terms. Can't say.....sorry I gave my word.

User Info Menu

Lawson I will send you a personal email pic when done. I MUST respect the builder's terms. Can't say.....sorry I gave my word.
    No problem at all. I respect your integrity and know you're a man of your word. No need to even share the pic with me unless you are 100% okay with it.

I don't know what could possibly top this instrument, though. I mean, where will you go from there???

If Heritage put a Gibson tailpiece on one of their guitars as a big favor from both makers you can see how both builders wouldn't
    want it publicized. I totally get it. Mark C. did me a huge favor.
    I remember asking Jimmy D'Aquisto to put a a D'A style tailpiece on my DAQ NYer he was making for me. He got furious at me big time.
    He took it as a insult.
    Mark C. is such a great guy to work with and his guitars are even better. I love the guy.

Lawson this one will be my last. The cherry on top. I only wish I jumped on the Campellone train 20 years ago.

User Info Menu

I asked a classical luthier once if he could use a rosette I had gotten made in St Petersburg Russia rather than the standard one. He was, as you say Jimmy D’A was : furious and insulted.
    Vinny that is one incredibly beautiful guitar!
    jk

User Info Menu

Lawson this one will be my last. The cherry on top. I only wish I jumped on the Campellone train 20 years ago.
    Seriously, I can actually believe that. This guitar looks to me to be the "Apex Predator" archtop. Sometime it would be fun to see a photo of your entire harem of lovelies!

User Info Menu

Lawson this one will be my last. The cherry on top.
    Why does this line remind me of a childhood story involving a boy and a wolf?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    I asked a classical luthier once if he could use a rosette I had gotten made in St Petersburg Russia rather than the standard one. He was, as you say Jimmy D’A was : furious and insulted.
    Vinny that is one incredibly beautiful guitar!
    jk
    Wait a second, you were in St Petersburg Russia?

Headstock

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-746f542a-a7b2-461b-bfe6-45162a2b6cea-jpeg

User Info Menu

2nop mo a third cousin of mine boyfriend went to a luthier he knew and got me a couple of (i thought) very beautiful and typically Russian rosettes. Flowered, reds, you know the look.
    But no, haven’t gotten there yet. Would live to get there but until im better……
    (3rd cous Daria, at 31, would be great to meet in person)

User Info Menu

Sorry Vinny!

User Info Menu

Looking great Vinny, I love those tuner buttons. So elegant!

Doug

User Info Menu

Such a beautiful instrument.

But, does a beautiful instrument really sound or play better?…

Yes, yes they most certainly do. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitpicker
    Looking great Vinny, I love those tuner buttons. So elegant!

Doug
    Yeah the Imperial style looks great on there

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett
    Such a beautiful instrument.

But, does a beautiful instrument really sound or play better?…

Yes, yes they most certainly do. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    In the hands of Vinnie, the answer is ABSOLUTELY!

User Info Menu

I've never been terribly fond of the Imperial tuner look, but in white those are really nice It's a gorgeous guitar, I'm definitely going to take some of your styling queues for mine when my turn comes around!

User Info Menu

Pearly ones no less !!!
    The only time I ever liked a non-standard tailpece on a Campellone was this guitar that he made commemorate 9/11

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-8c9cd142-f469-4d12-8e80-1e6d9bf38ebd-jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Yeah the Imperial style looks great on there

User Info Menu

Imperial tuners look good and can be easier to turn/easier on the fingers. Having them made in something other than gold - as was done on this guitar - means they won't tarnish either. Doubly good!

Mike that Campellone looks very close to a JP20. Of course a JP20 is a Ibanez and in a different league but the looks are close.

If Joe Pass was still alive he would love that Campellone for sure.
    Anything Mark builds is out of the park great. What a legacy he will leave.
    Hopefully not for a long time. He has quite the wait list.

User Info Menu

If Joe Pass was still alive he would love that Campellone for sure.
    Anything Mark builds is out of the park great. What a legacy he will leave.
    Hopefully not for a long time. He has quite the wait list.
    Vinny, I bet a lot of guys are wondering about the tailpiece that they will never see (along with the finished guitar). I won't give it away, but you have given clues in the pictures so far (deductive reasoning will come in handy here). Okay, I have said enough.