The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Posts 126 to 150 of 216

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nick71
    Vinny,
    Not looking to steal any thunder, just want to add to the excitement!!
    I asked Mark for an antique burst, just a dash darker than his normal..

Attachment 85299Attachment 85300
    And while we're at it, let's give'm a closer look at the back - flat-sawn eastern soft maple that's just loaded with very tight curl figure -

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-img_4023_1-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Stunningly beautiful.

User Info Menu

Some beautiful chatoyant curl there Mark…. Perhaps it is Red or Silver Maple given the size of the set (soft maple is a big bucket-o-maples)? Striped Maple and Box Elder (both Eastern Soft Maples) trees which both grow in the east are usually too small for archtop sets.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    Some beautiful chatoyant curl there Mark…. Perhaps it is Red or Silver Maple given the size of the set (soft maple is a big bucket-o-maples)? Striped Maple and Box Elder (both Eastern Soft Maples) trees which both grow in the east are usually too small for archtop sets.
    Good comment - it is most likely red or silver maple - I'm honestly not sure which - I bought a couple of BIG planks of this stuff many years ago from Barrette's Hardwood which is not far from me in Thompson CT, and the tree was supposedly harvested not far from there -

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    I went with that late 60’s early 70’s ES175 color combo.
    Ice tea with brown neck and sides.
    Caramel or ice tea are my fav colour options. Good choice!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    Your knowledge of woods, guitars, luthiers is extraordinary. (Now to the dictionary to look up chatoyant.)

aka

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AKA
    Your knowledge of woods, guitars, luthiers is extraordinary. (Now to the dictionary to look up chatoyant.)

aka
    It's well worth the trip!

Lacquer work complete

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-83ccfc75-42e7-475e-ab90-66fa8e0e9464-jpeg

User Info Menu

Lacquer work complete

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-83ccfc75-42e7-475e-ab90-66fa8e0e9464-jpeg
    Some real lookers there!!

User Info Menu

Looks like every burst is different, pretty cool.

The last one is blonde with a dark purple top and black binding.

User Info Menu

Lacquer work complete

Front & Center..

Vinny yours looks like #4 in da rack!!

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    And while we're at it, let's give'm a closer look at the back - flat-sawn eastern soft maple that's just loaded with very tight curl figure -
    Beautiful!

DB

User Info Menu

I love all of these periodic updates. I can’t imagine another builder taking the time to do the same.

The build process is just as fun as the guitar Mark builds you. He is very customer focused.
    And you will never hear "Hey this Campellone is a turd". Mark has it down to a exact science.
    Everyone knows Gibson archtop greatness but a Campellone is a true hidden treasure.
    Anyone that owns one loves it.
    In 50 years they will be worth a pretty penny for sure or quite frankly when he retires even.

User Info Menu

Wow, that's a stunning guitar!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ggjaguar
    Wow, that's a stunning guitar!

The link in your signature is of great interest to me and I am sure, others as well. Thank you!

Such beautiful woods and finishes. Great to see that real jazz guitars are still being build the original way. That really is something these days!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    I love all of these periodic updates. I can’t imagine another builder taking the time to do the same.
    Absolutely. Mark is a good egg for taking the time.

Getting close. Pearl tuner buttons will go on next week.

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-12c7eac6-e902-44f9-a2de-534b4b5845de-jpeg

User Info Menu

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-12c7eac6-e902-44f9-a2de-534b4b5845de-jpeg
    Holy Smoke. That is just so lush, so beautiful. You are going to be playing a genuine, irreplaceable treasure, Vinny! Wow. I just can't stop drooling over this.

User Info Menu

Gorgeous! I like the neck inlays, reminiscent of a JS

Another top gun archtop builder built me a very special custom tailpiece for this guitar.
    I had to promise both builders to never show it publicly.
    A huge favor from both builders that I must honor but all I
    can say is WOW.
    Both these builders did me a tremendous solid.

User Info Menu

Another top gun archtop builder built me a very special custom tailpiece for this guitar.
    I had to promise both builders to never show it publicly.
    A huge favor from both builders that I must honor but all I
    can say is WOW.
    Both these builders did me a tremendous solid.
    Really. So the guitar with this tailpiece can never be shown in public? I can't wait to not see it!

Quote Originally Posted by northernbreed
    Really. So the guitar with this tailpiece can never be shown in public? I can't wait to not see it!
    Privately yes, Internet no.