Posts 76 to 100 of 216

User Info Menu

Coming along very nicely Vincenzo !!!

Big

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You're going to love her!

Neck complete

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-4065d29a-8556-473c-acb1-716357c5ef64-jpegThe New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-05f656b3-cfc1-465e-9236-18ba71eec0b8-jpegThe New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-eaddb40b-8ffe-4bce-9ab8-dd3b31756f22-jpeg

User Info Menu

Vinnie, that beautiful neck would receive envious looks from Sophia Loren.

Thanks for the update.

User Info Menu

I love that inlay on the back of the headstock. Reminds me of the Terada D’Aquisto I had. Vinny, this thread is really tempting me.
    Last edited by rolijen; 09-20-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Next stop the lacquer booth.

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-95325db7-6029-4bab-adc9-ed69a40fdabb-jpegThe New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-4816e1bb-aa21-487a-b8c0-c979a753dd72-jpeg

Being the total pro, Mark bleached the back to remove the light streak.
    Perfection is Mark’s middle name.

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-ae0cdc5c-5dd0-4d32-bade-bd08db12c3c0-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    no amount of bleaching can remove the streaks from my back side

i'm enjoying this. excited for you.

Yes I am excited. That back is really going to pop with color on it.

Time for some color.

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-5ad29921-4b8d-4e58-a722-2f37122a992d-jpeg

User Info Menu

Wow, how many are you buying, Vinny?!

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Wow, how many are you buying, Vinny?!

How many guitars do you need ? Just one more.

User Info Menu

Vinny, that's amazing. Mark really knows his stuff. It's really a pleasure to follow along with the process. Thank you my friend for sharing in the fun with us. You're a good man for doing that! I appreciate it. And that's a beautiful guitar.

User Info Menu

It's interesting that he has two non-cutaways on the spray rack. I wonder if they are increasing in popularity. I've owned two non-cutaway (not Campelleone) and never missed the access up the neck, but I definitely got the impression most people considered the cutaway as absolutely essential.

User Info Menu

My latest guitar is a 17" non-cutaway. Most of the guitars I've owned have had cutaways, but I almost never use them. I see no real advantage to a cutaway, and possible downsides. I don't know for sure if they affect the acoustic tone, but I believe it's possible, although very difficult to prove one way or the other. I plan to use the guitar as an acoustic as much as electric, so my risk/benefit analysis caused me to have it built as a non-cutaway. This is certainly a subjective decision, and should have no effect on anyone else. I just think a non-cutaway makes more sense for an acoustic. Perhaps others do as well.

User Info Menu

My three genuine D'Angelico guitars are all non-cutaway because I am not comfortable paying the price that one with a cutaway commands. I can adapt, but I do prefer a cutaway for certain. It is helpful to access those upper notes. I would posit that having Mark build you a non-cutaway does mean lower resale value up the road.

User Info Menu

Time for some color.

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-5ad29921-4b8d-4e58-a722-2f37122a992d-jpeg
    The non-cutaway Standard laminated neck all the way to the right is my guitar. 16 x 3, 24&3/4, 1&11/16, antique burst, single P90.

Sweet Nick !

User Info Menu

I generally believe that a real man doesn't need those stupid baby frets so I'm generally unbothered by non cutaway designs, and often think they look cooler. I don't have any evidence either way that one sounds better than the other, so whatever looks better or feels better or allows you to do what you need to do is fine.

Or whatever's cheaper.

On some occasions, non cutaways can be a problem if I'm playing with capos and either run out of room, or chords are compromised because the neck gets too wide/fat or you hit the part where it attaches to the body, if that's particularly robust.

But yeah, kinda ambivalent. Not sure what I'd do if I spec'ed out my dream guitar. But if you guys don't want the non cutaways, I'll take them.

The Bengal Tiger gets its 1st sealer coat.

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-c932c8d8-1fcd-4877-ae8f-38c8e479ff92-jpeg

User Info Menu

Perfection is Mark’s middle name.

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-ae0cdc5c-5dd0-4d32-bade-bd08db12c3c0-jpeg
    Actually, the bleach removed the pink colored areas on the outer thirds of the back - I use Klean-Strip wood bleach - a 2-part concoction which can remove unwanted naturally occurring color - works great on maple - not so good on spruce -

User Info Menu

gentlemen terrific news for both of you I bet you’re just pissing yourself Nick because you’re guitar is going to be so sweet Marks work is so so outstanding and having him chime in on the thread explaining why he uses the solution to use it it really adds a depth of understanding that makes appreciating these pieces so great.

Big

Sweet Nick !

User Info Menu

I get that the pink on the back might not look good with every color, but i thought it looked cool

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett
    It's interesting that he has two non-cutaways on the spray rack. I wonder if they are increasing in popularity. I've owned two non-cutaway (not Campelleone) and never missed the access up the neck, but I definitely got the impression most people considered the cutaway as absolutely essential.
    I like both. Why not have a few non-cutaways and a few cutaways in one's collection?

Don't recall missing the access either

User Info Menu

You should get one with a cut away on just the upper bout, to have the best of both worlds; the sweet looks of the cutaway and the functionality of the non cutaway