The answer is visible.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    The answer is visible.
    Ah, I missed that. Thank you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    You know, I don't really appreciate posts like this - my jaw dropped so far open, and my tongue rolled so far out of my mouth it landed on my Newfoundland and how its covered in dog hair!
    Bluejaybill

I can tell you that VinnyV1K will not regard your post as a highjack of the thread.
    He ,like the rest of us is only too pleased to see more pics of the Campellone
    guitars, your new special is certainly a stunning looking model and to be
    admired.

User Info Menu

This is really, really, really making me want one of these guitars. Except for the "no money" part and the fact that me playing a Campellone is about like asking a video gamer to drive a moon rocket make it highly unlikely. I think playing a Campellone I would still suck. Maybe less, but still...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    This is really, really, really making me want one of these guitars. Except for the "no money" part and the fact that me playing a Campellone is about like asking a video gamer to drive a moon rocket make it highly unlikely. I think playing a Campellone I would still suck. Maybe less, but still...

Nonsense Lawson., your playing does not suck , I've seen and heard you play some fine renderings here
    I will warn you that if you play a Campellone , you will most certainly want one. IMO they are the current
    equivalent of the Crimson Custom Shop Gibsons, with the additional features of a flawless finish and
    perfect playability, two of my my good friends here recommended them to me and both are very
    knowledgeable on the merits of top class Luthiers ,of which Mark C is at the forefront, I would definitely
    commission another to be built , provided the circumstances were favourable.

Lawson jump on the Campy train. He currently has a 2 year waiting list. Plenty of time to save your shekels. Once he starts on your guitar he requires a $500 deposit with the rest due when completed which is usually around 4 months from start to finish. He used to do batches of 6 but now does 5 at a time. He does the nicest sunbursts I've ever seen and like glass. No orange peel or buff marks like Gibson.
    His fret work is the best I've seen too.

The smart buy would be a Standard at $5200 with a few upgrades like my 1st V1K. Mark's prices on upgrades are extremely fair.
    Mark is open to doing custom touches within reason. It is great having a guitar built exactly how you want it in your favorite color.
    Mark mixes his own colors so he can do just about any color. Another plus is he is a great guy. Very customer focused.
    He has countless repeat customers like me for a reason.

Body completed.

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-4e550f3c-e82d-4fd8-a369-16d36e9e80db-jpegThe New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-e5e19bf3-6fbd-43a1-89c5-3fbee1908f26-jpeg

User Info Menu

This thread got me on Mark's list; spoke to him yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    This thread got me on Mark's list; spoke to him yesterday
    very wise decision !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    very wise decision !
    I told him your current build had a lot to do with it

User Info Menu

Looking good. BTW Vinnie, what are the specs on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by bluejaybill
    Looking good. BTW Vinnie, what are the specs on this one?
    17x3x25x1-11/16

User Info Menu

Floater or built-in pickup? And what kind? Thx.

KA humbucker

8/29/1954 was a very good day for lovers of the archtop guitar.

Happy Birthday Mark Campellone !

User Info Menu

I couldn’t imagine still creating guitars at 67. He must be pretty fit.

All the great archtop builders are all getting up there but still are putting out masterpiece guitars. They all seem to live very clean lives.

User Info Menu

Hmm, unlike some archtop players?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    All the great archtop builders are all getting up there but still are putting out masterpiece guitars. They all seem to live very clean lives.
    Bob Benedetto will turn 75 in October, Steve Grimes turned 73 in June, John Buscarino turned 71 in June, Linda Manzer turned 69 in July and Tom Ribbecke turned 69 in July so Mark is in good company.
    Last edited by iim7V7IM7; 08-29-2021 at 03:00 PM.

The start of a great playing neck.

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-6c7b81e3-1138-4b54-9811-5403a811e6e1-jpeg

Fretboard and headstock.

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-9e68d77c-062a-49c7-9f9f-e9f11e75e5ec-jpegThe New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-121c63e3-a1fb-4dd3-bf25-551667a6e215-jpeg

User Info Menu

Classy!

User Info Menu

Wow.

Neck……IMO Sweet ! Vinny is a happy boy.

The New Campellone Custom V1K model begins-d7a3670f-3e92-4bb9-bbd6-0ceb5786dd41-jpeg

I would type that this is rather exciting. Color me envious Vinny!

Good luck!
    MB