The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    Joining the group in hopes to receive some information I’ve been searching for on a Rogers guitar. It is a model 3 guitar, judging by online photos 1950s. Guitar has been in my family for years, and I am told the fretboard is real ivory and the trim/tuning knobs are real gold. I haven’t come across any information on models being made like this and cannot find any photos. Am I dealing with a rare edition? Thanks for any input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Some pictures might help.

User Info Menu

You may be referring to a Roger guitar. There was a thread on the forum about the Roger guitar line with the most recent post only a few months old.

Here’s a LINK to the reference cited in that thread. It’s certainly interesting and may help you find more info if it’s accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Some pictures might help.

Good point, here it is!

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    You may be referring to a Roger guitar. There was a thread on the forum about the Roger guitar line with the most recent post only a few months old.

Here’s a LINK to the reference cited in that thread. It’s certainly interesting and may help you find more info if it’s accurate.
    Thanks so much, really appreciate you pointing me towards a relevant thread! Will be sure to check that link out as well

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kevinneuweiler
    Thanks so much, really appreciate you pointing me towards a relevant thread! Will be sure to check that link out as well
    Your guitar is a Rogers, made in the US, not a Roger, made in Germany. Two different things. Enjoy reading about Roger archtops, but they have nothing to do with your guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kevinneuweiler
    Thanks so much, really appreciate you pointing me towards a relevant thread!
    Sorry! Your picture says it all - yours is certainly not a Roger guitar from Germany. The only Rogers Guitars I know of are made by a luthier in Hawaii named Devon Rogers, and yours is not one of those either.

Researching it may turn out to be difficult, but it could also be fun. Look inside with a light and an inspection mirror for any labels, writing, or stamping that might help identify the location in which it was made or something about the source. I've seen markings in some difficult places inside guitars, like the heel of the neck. Especially on an archtop, a flexible fiberoptic scope (like a "bore scope" used by gunsmiths, auto mechanics, etc) can be very helpful, and in some cases truly necessary, to see all inside surfaces.

Good luck and happy hunting!