The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 53 of 53

User Info Menu

Upper access: I do play up there and I have fat hands. In the pics the cut-away seems a bit narrow, but the horn seems shortish. I'm thinking access would be just fine. My Eastman is pinchy. My Lehmann is great (shorter horn). Any comments?

Ok so i had a B120..it was killler. love it, except this..i couldn't access the upper frets very well.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the info guys!

I hope to find one that already exists, so it's very helpful to know Roger customizes that much. It means I'll want to handle it before buying, or find a friend to do that for me. Or find somebody reputable who can be trusted to give the straight dope about neck shape and body depth. The standard depth is my preferred one. Good to know they can vary.

All the rest has been ticking my boxes for a while now. Except maybe upper access. But I can adjust. I remove pick guards when possible, so that's a start. May be my least favourite part of the design. It almost always is. Thanks for the direct answer to that one.

Q'Aman: interesting about the Wyble comfort. As a long time Les Pauler in years gone by I think either works for me. Interesting that you seem to like the sound of the 120 a bit more. Please do post more PSA's if they come around.

Jabber: nice looking examples there. I especially like Honey.

Thanks for the tip SG. I figured that. I know how to handle myself if I decide to go back to Hoboken :)

Resale? Ha!! I've sold 2 in 53 years of playing! Not something I seem to do very well. I've also been married to the same gal for over 45 years. Maybe that explains it.

(there are a couple on reverb now... the antique natural in Florida looks sweet. don't have the dough just now... or the stones to go that route)

User Info Menu

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the main difference between the 120 and the 160 (Wyble) model is the scale length? With the Wyble being 25".

I know there are some body differences as well. I believe both necks are 1 3/4" wide.

The B160 is the first 25" scale I've owned, and I like it a lot, it provides room for chord melody especially in the lower positions. The neck is medium, not skinny on mine, not sure if that is the standard or not?

In terms of acoustic sound yes, it sounds good, but in my mind these are electric guitars first and foremost, with laminated tops and good resistance to feedback, and I think that is why so many pros play them. I would think that a carved archtop from a top builder would be a more resonant acoustic guitar.