User Info Menu

When I was in the process of shutting down Soloway Guitars in 2013 (yes, it's now been that long) we put together a one off baritone Swan (the only guitar we ever built that I described as a Baritone) complete with a metallic silver gray finish that I was planning to keep for myself. For reasons that really don't matter it didn't work out that way. It got sold and I've kind of kept an eye out for it ever since.

Recently the owner had some really serious health problems and he put the guitar up for sale. The price is good enough for me to say yes (although I'm definitely going to have to sell something to pay for it) But it just feels too right to not do this. It's even got Chicken Head Knobs We're working out the details now and hopefully the details of the deal with be completed today.

Here's photos from the original galley page along with the demo recording that I did with it when the build was complete.

A special NGD coming soon?  I hope...-m363top-800-jpgA special NGD coming soon?  I hope...-m363peghead-jpgA special NGD coming soon?  I hope...-m363knobs-800-jpgA special NGD coming soon?  I hope...-m363fulllength-800-jpgA special NGD coming soon?  I hope...-m363armrest-800-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow - great news!

I think you must play the song Reunited for us when you get it!

User Info Menu

VERY cool Jim! I remember when your Soloways were being talked up on the old Harmony Central.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EllenGtrGrl
    VERY cool Jim! I remember when your Soloways were being talked up on the old Harmony Central.
    Thanks. When I look back on it was really a pretty good run. The original plan was to build three guitars and sell two to cover the cost of mine. Instead it went for over ten years and about 360 guitars. And we were actually making money at the end. I'm still a little mystified how it all happened.