The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 36 of 36

User Info Menu

I loved the AC30, but it didn’t stand up to the trials of a deployment (and neither did the season one). If they ever houses it in a more solid case like, say, a pedal and ran it off a 9v, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    The amPhones Twin sounds good and has no ergonomic problems. It is also a pair of Audio-Technica headphones, sold at less than half the price you would pay in a hi-fi shop. What's more, having Vox-branded headphones puts you in with the in-crowd.
    I found a good offer for them in one of a neaby stores.
    Also my old headphones are already almost dead.. maybe it is a solution

As just headphones do thwy also need batteries? do they work actively as regular phones?
    Last edited by Jonah; 04-22-2019 at 03:19 AM.

User Info Menu

I first got the Clean. It is nice but a bit thin sounding. I returned it and got the classic rock model. It has fatter cleans with the gain down low.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah

As just headphones do thwy also need batteries? do they work actively as regular phones?
    yes batteries are only for the amplifier module.

User Info Menu

I got a pair as an upgrade to my (still working) Joyo, they're fine as normal headphones, if a bit clunky. The cable's too thin for my liking, but they sound ok - I accidentally turned on one of the amp modelling effects & got a horrible sound, don't know how much of that was just surprise at not hearing the clean tone I was expecting...

User Info Menu

You need batteries only for the amp.

User Info Menu

Hello all, just thought I would mention for anyone needing to practice quietly for whatever reason. I have just bought one of the Vox amplugs, I bought the clean version. It gives a very passable jazz tone, I was actually very surprised at just how good the sound quality is. I can also plug in my tablet or phone in to the aux input and you can then balance the two inputs play a backing track from spotify/you tube or the like and your away. You can also use a metronome app from your tablet and hey presto your away. Aplogies for people who already know about this but this is a new discovery for me and a blinkin good one. It also makes a change to buy something useful for under £40 as opposed to £400 . What a right good do.All the best.

User Info Menu

Some years ago I bought the AC30 Amplug version. It´s a nice tool for playing my Tele late in the night without desturbing the neighbours. Or for going outside in the park and just take my Tele in a gigbag, a headphone and the Amplug. Have seen some videos on youtube in which some players connect the amplug with a bluetooth speaker. It works.
    Last edited by Musgo Real; 07-08-2021 at 01:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite
    Hello all, just thought I would mention for anyone needing to practice quietly for whatever reason. I have just bought one of the Vox amplugs, I bought the clean version. It gives a very passable jazz tone, I was actually very surprised at just how good the sound quality is. I can also plug in my tablet or phone in to the aux input and you can then balance the two inputs play a backing track from spotify/you tube or the like and your away. You can also use a metronome app from your tablet and hey presto your away. Aplogies for people who already know about this but this is a new discovery for me and a blinkin good one. It also makes a change to buy something useful for under £40 as opposed to £400 . What a right good do.All the best.

User Info Menu

Hi Luddite, I too have the Vox Amplug and used it for a couple of years, and found it to be decent.

Recently, however, I bought the Fender Mustang Micro. It has quite a few options in terms of amps/effects, whilst keeping a very simple interface (and no app needed!). About twice the price of the Amplug, but a big improvement in my mind - and more importantly to my ears.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by einarcc
    Hi Luddite, I too have the Vox Amplug and used it for a couple of years, and found it to be decent.

Recently, however, I bought the Fender Mustang Micro. It has quite a few options in terms of amps/effects, whilst keeping a very simple interface (and no app needed!). About twice the price of the Amplug, but a big improvement in my mind - and more importantly to my ears.