User Info Menu

For a long time I was looking for a used PRS Custom 24 Piezo with the wider neck option, mainly for music theater work where I need to quickly switch to an acoustic sound. Kinda hard to find the piezo option with the wider neck option. Prices for new ones are crazy. So I found this new one that had been hanging around the dealer for a couple of years. It is supposed to be the "Orange Tiger" color, but the sprayer either suffered from over enthusiasm that day or had a hangover that made him/her move very slowly. Put on way too much pigment and ended up with a not correct but beautiful rosewood/chocolate brown color. Not at all orange. Add to that it's not a "10-top," and thus it was not selling. I was going through a personally tough dark time when I saw it, so the deep dark brown just spoke to me. So I made a ridiculous low-ball offer, and to my surprise they took it without even countering. I found matching solid rosewood parts to replace all the plastics and tuning buttons, even the switch tip. A unique one-of-a-kind brown rosewood PRS finish, I am thrilled with this guitar, especially the wide/thin neck, I call him "Brownie." Brownie has accompanied me on my last three out of town trips to keep up with scales/practice, because he's relatively small and thin and easy to carry in a small gig bag.

Sort of NGD, PRS C24 Piezo "Brownie"-brownie1-jpg
    Sort of NGD, PRS C24 Piezo "Brownie"-brownie2-jpg
    Sort of NGD, PRS C24 Piezo "Brownie"-brownie3-jpg
    Sort of NGD, PRS C24 Piezo "Brownie"-brownie4-jpg
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 06-17-2021 at 01:00 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

He's lovely, congrats

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

The guitar is gorgeous! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    For a long time I was looking for a used PRS Custom 24 Piezo with the wider neck option, mainly for music theater work where I need to quickly switch to an acoustic sound. Kinda hard to find the piezo option with the wider neck option. Prices for new ones are crazy. So I found this new one that had been hanging around the dealer for a couple of years. It is supposed to be the "Orange Tiger" color, but the sprayer either suffered from over enthusiasm that day or had a hangover that made him/her move very slowly. Put on way too much pigment and ended up with a not correct but beautiful rosewood/chocolate brown color. Not at all orange. Add to that it's not a "10-top," and thus it was not selling. I was going through a personally tough dark time when I saw it, so the deep dark brown just spoke to me. So I made a ridiculous low-ball offer, and to my surprise they took it without even countering. I found matching solid rosewood parts to replace all the plastics and tuning buttons, even the switch tip. A unique one-of-a-kind brown rosewood PRS finish, I am thrilled with this guitar, especially the wide/thin neck, I call him "Brownie." Brownie has accompanied me on my last three out of town trips to keep up with scales/practice, because he's relatively small and thin and easy to carry in a small gig bag.

Sort of NGD, PRS C24 Piezo "Brownie"-brownie1-jpg
    Sort of NGD, PRS C24 Piezo "Brownie"-brownie2-jpg
    Sort of NGD, PRS C24 Piezo "Brownie"-brownie3-jpg
    Sort of NGD, PRS C24 Piezo "Brownie"-brownie4-jpg
    Added of couple more pics. Note the birds on the replacement rosewood knobs. I use the bigger wing as a pointer.