Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Are these the same or is the GB15 deeper?

    Thanks,

    AKA

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    GB 20 3” body depth

    GB20 | Ibanez Wiki | Fandom

    GB 15 3 1/4” body depth

    GB15 | Ibanez Wiki | Fandom

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    GB 20 3” body depth

    GB20 | Ibanez Wiki | Fandom

    GB 15 3 1/4” body depth

    GB15 | Ibanez Wiki | Fandom
    Thanks 2B.

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    AKA and 2B,
    2B, I saw the 3-1/4" too and was quite surprised. But that is "maximum body depth" and not at the rim. I am just guessing, the rim size is probably going to be smaller. Probably 2-7/8 max. I dont have one to measure. (I wish I did)..

    JD

  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    To me the GB20 had a slightly bigger acoustic sound than the GB15. Oddly enough, amplified they were the opposite.

    The GB15 amplified sound was huge compared to the GB20. Part of that was the result of the hotter pickup on the 15. The GB20 pickup was the weak link in my view.

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    AKA and 2B,
    2B, I saw the 3-1/4" too and was quite surprised. But that is "maximum body depth" and not at the rim. I am just guessing, the rim size is probably going to be smaller. Probably 2-7/8 max. I dont have one to measure. (I wish I did)..

    JD
    I thought it sounded weird too. But who am I to question Ibanez Wikipedia

  8. #7
    I worked at Hoshino (that's Ibanez and their facility in Bensalem PA processes every single Ibanez guitar that hits the American market-that's where I worked) and I remember the years that the GB15 had its run. I handled a good percentage of all the the GB instruments that hit the American market. It's funny, but in all that time, I never noticed any difference in the body size between the 15 and the 10 (of which I owned one, so I knew it well).
    Honestly, I thought they were essentially the same body and though I never measured it, I and my hands always believed they were essentially the same specs. They certainly didn't feel any different from my perception.
    But you're asking about the difference between the GB15 and the the GB 20? THAT's a different beast. The 20 is a bigger guitar, wider bout, closer to the size of the 16" Joe Pass JP20 than the 15" GB10 and I believe (it's been a long time since I held one) a tad shallower on the depth so as not to be as unwieldy. Yeah the GB15 is not even in the same category or body spec as the GB20.
    The way I see it, GB-10 and GB-15 are from the same mold. GB-20 is a big brother with more differences than similarities. IMHO

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    I worked at Hoshino (that's Ibanez and their facility in Bensalem PA processes every single Ibanez guitar that hits the American market-that's where I worked) and I remember the years that the GB15 had its run. I handled a good percentage of all the the GB instruments that hit the American market. It's funny, but in all that time, I never noticed any difference in the body size between the 15 and the 10 (of which I owned one, so I knew it well).
    Honestly, I thought they were essentially the same body and though I never measured it, I and my hands always believed they were essentially the same specs. They certainly didn't feel any different from my perception.
    Who knows? I'm not going to argue with a spec sheet but this is just my own experience.
    Yes, and to further complicate matters Wiki said the GB10 was a “similar model but with two pickups.” What the?

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Yes, and to further complicate matters Wiki said the GB10 was a “similar model but with two pickups.” What the?
    GB10 has two
    GB 15 has one
    GB 20 has one but it's wider and shallower
    In a nutshell

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    Three inches deep
    not bad shooting for a blind guy
    Ibanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-195bc4a1-e11e-4180-9485-f730c9984dd5-jpeg

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    Three inches deep
    not bad shooting for a blind guy
    Ibanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-195bc4a1-e11e-4180-9485-f730c9984dd5-jpeg
    I knew you had one!

  13. #12

    User Info Menu

    And here’s my GB20
    i had to fishbitnoutnof my GB CLOSET

    Ibanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-7516c020-bed7-42ab-8571-09034073a698-jpeg

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    2B
    Shoot the GB200 when it arrives

  15. #14

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    To me the GB20 had a slightly bigger acoustic sound than the GB15. Oddly enough, amplified they were the opposite.

    The GB15 amplified sound was huge compared to the GB20. Part of that was the result of the hotter pickup on the 15. The GB20 pickup was the weak link in my view.
    Hey brother! What’s this I hear about you touring Nam playing guitar? You been holding out all the good stories of back in the day?

  16. #15

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    2B
    Shoot the GB200 when it arrives
    You know I’ll not hesitate to dust off the Nikon!

  17. #16

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    And here’s my GB20
    i had to fishbitnoutnof my GB CLOSET

    Ibanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-7516c020-bed7-42ab-8571-09034073a698-jpeg
    Hot ride man! Where did you find that one?

  18. #17

    User Info Menu

    A guy in Canada had it for sale on reverb had some trouble getting through customs but it’s nice man it has really nice Birdseye sand flame laminate they were using back then it’s a 79

  19. #18

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    A guy in Canada had it for sale on reverb had some trouble getting through customs but it’s nice man it has really nice Birdseye sand flame laminate they were using back then it’s a 79
    How the heck did I miss that one? I mean my phone is programmed for reverb updates on the model. Hope it’s not too long before the next one comes along!

  20. #19

    User Info Menu

    Wait? Was that a GB200 siting?

  21. #20

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Wait? Was that a GB200 siting?

  22. #21

    User Info Menu

    Moi ????
    it’s an ‘02
    Minty as can be

    ?Ibanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-a61b0364-2b69-492e-9414-d608899ae701-jpegIbanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-941801c4-164a-4a08-9ec5-25c2f453ba3d-jpegIbanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-cdc6ca02-9db7-4bae-aab3-8a13f757f684-jpegIbanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-821a8d30-90b0-4d50-9392-021186e24fab-jpegIbanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-d4ce95a6-87e6-4f26-b2d1-a23f03b43feb-jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images Ibanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-a7fbb50b-b739-468c-b2f3-37d5c7da7600-jpeg 
    Last edited by Crm114; 06-17-2021 at 02:38 PM.

  23. #22

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    Moi ????
    it’s an ‘02
    Minty as can be

    ?Ibanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-a61b0364-2b69-492e-9414-d608899ae701-jpegIbanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-941801c4-164a-4a08-9ec5-25c2f453ba3d-jpegIbanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-cdc6ca02-9db7-4bae-aab3-8a13f757f684-jpegIbanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-821a8d30-90b0-4d50-9392-021186e24fab-jpegIbanez GB15 Body Depth vs GB20?-d4ce95a6-87e6-4f26-b2d1-a23f03b43feb-jpeg
    Uh oh! There it is! It’s even better than a Fibson.