The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well, I went down that rabbit hole, and still not to the bottom. It's fascinating seeing Parker at work. It's sort of depressing to know that I will never possess enough pictures of U. S. Grant to procure one of his creations. On the upside, if his beliefs are true, cutting the braces for installing a pickup in a factory-built guitar should have no effect at all on the strength of the top. His braces are almost non-existant compared to any factory build.

User Info Menu

Much like “particle spin” wherein nothing is actually spinning, “Bracing” is an unfortunate term for them there sticks.

I suppose a more accurate term, particularly for “X” or substantially transverse pieces of wood would be upsetting to many. So “bracing” it is.

From Parker's website, scroll down to "Rocky Mountain Archtop" & "Electric Guitar Innovation"
    for long talks where he explains a few things:

Ken Parker Archtops - Finest Archtop Guitars

User Info Menu

I wonder if Mr Palmieri(sp?) sells that pickup. Sounds great, I've been looking for a more "acoustic" sounding pu.

User Info Menu

The entire series can be seen in order, or any order, on Ken's website.
    Ken Parker Archtops - Finest Archtop Guitars

The pickup he uses is custom made. He gets the coils, and makes the cover, etc himself.