The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 197

User Info Menu

2011 Heritage USA Golden Eagle Carved Jazz Archtop Mint VWB *603-2yy5b — Panther Guitars - Discount On-Line Guitar Sales

Heritage again - but seriously...-_2160002-jpg

even if I hadn't been digging my two heritage archtops greatly - as I have - I think this guitar would seriously do my head in

from a standing start - so to speak.

despite being a bit too blingy (ebony truss rod cover - plainer tuning machines?) and having an ambitious pickup (easily changed) - this hurts it's so dead-on. (or is it just me folks?)

e.g. in being just 3'' deep - and not quite so tall (21 inches not 21.5?) and in having a floating pickup (even if the wrong one) - and a great tailpiece etc.

and 4 thousand mint? damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn

or is it just me?

(jabber - this is the other, other one - the one after the one, and after the other one. The one after which another other one may not reasonably be expected... I didn't expect it to turn up so quickly. thank goodness its already sold.)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It's not just you.
    It's a piece of art.

User Info Menu

Heritage again - but seriously...-_2160032-jpg

and blast

maybe I can live with the fancy tuners

User Info Menu

I don't see it on their website as available or sold. It looks a lot like my '93 GE.

User Info Menu

It's famously hard to argue with perfection. And the closer it approaches that Platonic state, the sillier the arguments get. That is just one flat-out gorgeous instrument!

User Info Menu

Heritage again - but seriously...-_2160040-jpg

I don't have anything to say

User Info Menu

except maybe -

I just lowered the KA 12 pole floater on my 2016 sweet 16 by maybe a couple of mms (by removing half the blue tack holding it to the top) - and the whole thing got even better.

Rich Severson - who has had a bigger and more positive impact on my gear situation than anyone else - swoons about the sweet 16 and suggests that it works better with a floater than the full 17 x 3 set up.

but I would take this in a moment if I could (if it was available and I could swing it)

User Info Menu

I bet money with that Gibeon styled pick guard on there that is Jay Wolfe custom order the guitar OK

i have one that belonged to Patrick Amato that I bought from Fran Amato a couple years ago and it’s a set pick up version otherwise it’s the same guitar

I loaned it to Joe DeNisco for a while and the name we gave it around here was Wineburst
    You might be saying big Mike how do you know the story - well I posted pictures of my wine burst on Jay’s heritage owners appreciation Facebook page and he shot right back that he had ordered that guitar with that Pickgusrd shape it heritage only made for him and Patrick Amato was in the factory and wanted it and Marv lamb had to call Jay Wolfe of Wolfe Guitars and talk to him and then Marv put Patrick on the phone and Patrick paid for it with his credit card

so that’s a Jay Wolfe Wolfe Guitars order my friend

User Info Menu

I think, in fact, it is a vintage wineburst finish. What a guitar.

User Info Menu

Why not give Jay Wolfe at Wolfe Guitars a call
    And show him the ad and the pictures he can tell you right away by the serial number

User Info Menu

Here’s Patrick with no a few of his w
    i own the set pickup Holden Eagle on the left
    The Wineburdtnnext to it
    snd the Ghodt Built Heritage / an Excel copy, Number 20 to be precise
    Heritage again - but seriously...-2844dd18-953f-4b40-9584-f68fe2b2a1de-jpegWHeritage again - but seriously...-2de641c6-ad6b-46f7-b02c-df9c0e3ff09f-jpeg
    Last edited by Crm114; 05-31-2021 at 07:43 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Groyniad
    2011 Heritage USA Golden Eagle Carved Jazz Archtop Mint VWB *603-2yy5b — Panther Guitars - Discount On-Line Guitar Sales

Heritage again - but seriously...-_2160002-jpg

even if I hadn't been digging my two heritage archtops greatly - as I have - I think this guitar would seriously do my head in

from a standing start - so to speak.

despite being a bit too blingy (ebony truss rod cover - plainer tuning machines?) and having an ambitious pickup (easily changed) - this hurts it's so dead-on. (or is it just me folks?)

e.g. in being just 3'' deep - and not quite so tall (21 inches not 21.5?) and in having a floating pickup (even if the wrong one) - and a great tailpiece etc.

and 4 thousand mint? damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn

or is it just me?

(jabber - this is the other, other one - the one after the one, and after the other one. The one after which another other one may not reasonably be expected... I didn't expect it to turn up so quickly. thank goodness its already sold.)
    Wow, that's just a perfect guitar in my book.

User Info Menu

I'm really glad it seems not to be just me

again - with the sunburst

if it was not the best ever (the sunburst) I would be able to cope fine

but the combination of the dark vibe with that red colour....

I actually prefer the distinctive heritage pick guard shape - you can kind of hold onto the curve there when using the thumb....

User Info Menu

I talked to Marty Grass Aka Mark bought the guitar and we were trying to decide if it was Marv Lsmb the shot that burst
    Last edited by Crm114; 06-01-2021 at 03:51 AM.

User Info Menu

I will relax and play the long game

now I know that it might just be reasonable one day to get another carved archtop...

does anyone know what sort of money a new one ordered (roughly) like this would likely cost?

(I can hardly look at it! it makes me turn away!) (well photographed mind you)

I'm even digging the cloud inlays now - all curvy and nice

help! help!

no don't.

Heritage again - but seriously...-_2160019-jpg

User Info Menu

Yeah, it is a nice guitar. I had a H535 with the fat neck option a couple of years ago (that was the guitar that made me realize that I REALLY prefer singlecuts to doublecuts, despite it being a killer guitar), and if it had the fat neck option, and cost a bit less, I could see owning it. Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see how the Eastman AR403CED I have on order turns out.

User Info Menu

The wineburst finish was created by Marv Lamb. He sprayed the first ones. I used to know which wine he was inspired by but have forgotten. The story is that he spilled some on his shirt, which inspired the idea to spray a guitar.

That was about 20 years ago, maybe slightly fewer. The initial reaction was predictable: revulsion. Now it's acceptable and even embraced. I suppose when the first cherry guitars came out in the mid 1800s, serious players were sickened.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    The wineburst finish was created by Marv Lamb. He sprayed the first ones. I used to know which wine he was inspired by but have forgotten. The story is that he spilled some on his shirt, which inspired the idea to spray a guitar.

That was about 20 years ago, maybe slightly fewer. The initial reaction was predictable: revulsion. Now it's acceptable and even embraced. I suppose when the first cherry guitars came out in the mid 1800s, serious players were sickened.
    Yes, we guitar lovers are a picky lot - hidebound, one might say -absolutely and utterly firm in our opinions of what we like, right up until we see something we like a little or a lot better, and then it's true love at first sight; deja vu all over again. It's half the fun!

User Info Menu

On that GE above the finger tailpiece looks off center, the strap knob is off center, and the stinger looks like it was painted by a shaking hand. Yes a beautiful guitar though.
    Vincent is my name and picky is my game.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    On that GE above the finger tailpiece looks off center, the strap knob is off center, and the stinger looks like it was painted by a shaking hand. Yes a beautiful guitar though.
    Vincent is my name and picky is my game.
    Vinnie, you may be correct, but another possibility is photographic lighting and distortion.

Also, stingers on dark finishes tend to wash out in photos losing fine detail unless lighting is just right.

User Info Menu

Git…..you could be 100% correct. My eyes are just seeing pics.
    But the strings seem slanted also though it may be bad pics.

They are also selling a NOS S400 listed as new/mint.
    I happen to know that guitar is heavily stained green from the cedar creek case which they don’t disclose.

Play before you buy…..

User Info Menu

Yeah Vin you are right. You can see it in the pics. Those cases should be outlawed.
    JD

User Info Menu

rich Severson had a lovely 2015 GE with mounted pickup which he demos on YouTube.
    I'm starting to believe that - either with a floater or mounted pickup - it would not contribute enough that's new and interesting to a collection consisting of a sweet 16 and an eagle classic.

User Info Menu

bling?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    I don't see it on their website as available or sold. It looks a lot like my '93 GE.
    It shows up in their "sold" section. The price was $3900