The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 147

User Info Menu

3 Standards, 1 Special, and 1 Deluxe The new Campellone batch-5516816f-5287-4391-b6bd-cb7fda04d200-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Special's mine, keep your hands off it!

Quote Originally Posted by bluejaybill
    The Special's mine, keep your hands off it!
    You are going to absolutely love it !

The new Campellone batch-fab83d22-37d6-4a8b-ade5-c672eb754f8e-jpeg

User Info Menu

Beautiful sunburst

User Info Menu

That's a beauty! I am admiring the one in the for sale section.
    Too Bad, I cant spend THAT much right now. If its still around in August, it will be a goner and it will be my Co-Crown Jewel! IT'S JUST MY COLOR TOO!
    Vin, thanks for what you do for the Community with your Campellone Posts. You Calls it like you See's it. They really are amazing guitars for sure!
    JD

Stay tuned.......

coming in July, the Campellone Deluxe V1KC model begins

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Stay tuned.......

coming in July, the Campellone Deluxe V1KC model begins
    Very exciting!

Mark’s sunbursts are the best in the business but one small detail is better than I have ever seen on any other made guitars.
    That is binding scrapping. Mark’s are absolutely perfect with no ridge.
    I always thought Gibson had the best scrappers but Mark is far better.
    Women always made the best scrappers but Mark has surgical skill scrapping abilities. A true art form in itself.
    That is a tremendous skill that is overlooked. You screw that up and you have a ton of work to fix it.

Sunburst is way more work than blonde.
    Why Gibson always charged more for blonde never made sense to me.
    Yes nicer wood for blonde but way more labor for sunburst.

User Info Menu

Always good to see Campellone guitars being made!!
    Vinny, thank you for posting..

I am on Mark’s waiting list for a future build..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick71
    Always good to see Campellone guitars being made!!
    Vinny, thank you for posting..

I am on Mark’s waiting list for a future build..
    Sweet Nick ! My next will be a one off very custom build. I am very excited.
    It will have features from all my favorite archtop designs.
    I appreciate Mark stepping out of the box for this one.
    I love my Special but my V1K is a one of a kind and to me makes it more special.

The new Campellone batch-cc676802-99e7-4d27-b332-1bfdce652180-jpegThe new Campellone batch-1b31decb-bb05-43bd-8486-87b0534b82fa-jpegThe new Campellone batch-f19094cf-24fd-492d-ab23-10b0b98869ab-jpegThe new Campellone batch-54d3b102-736e-4dfb-b2be-971d5217f951-jpeg

User Info Menu

The best tailpiece in the business.
    JD

User Info Menu

BTW Mark told me, and I see in the picture, that he has three narrower bodies in this batch. Curious to know what these sound like and how different they are from full width?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bluejaybill
    BTW Mark told me, and I see in the picture, that he has three narrower bodies in this batch. Curious to know what these sound like and how different they are from full width?
    I played a thin bodied Campellone Deluxe at Rudy’s in NYC a few years ago and it was probably the best sounding and playing guitar I had ever played at the time. Unfortunately, I wasn’t in the position to purchase it at the time, or it would have been mine on the spot. That experience is what made me decide to jump when my thin bodied Trenier Model E became available. It’s comparable to what I heard that day at Rudy’s. I’m sure this batch of thins from Mark will be equally as spectacular. I love Mark’s guitars, and if I ever buy another archtop it will be a Campellone or a Trenier.

A little less bottom end. I’ve owned a couple Byrdlands and they sounded very close to a L5 just a little less bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    I played a thin bodied Campellone Deluxe at Rudy’s in NYC a few years ago and it was probably the best sounding and playing guitar I had ever played at the time. Unfortunately, I wasn’t in the position to purchase it at the time, or it would have been mine on the spot. That experience is what made me decide to jump when my thin bodied Trenier Model E became available. It’s comparable to what I heard that day at Rudy’s. I’m sure this batch of thins from Mark will be equally as spectacular. I love Mark’s guitars, and if I ever buy another archtop it will be a Campellone or a Trenier.
    Mark is such a great guy too. He really has very high standards. You won’t find a flaw on his guitars.
    He is even more anal than me if that is possible. Getting a guitar from him is just a great experience.
    His train runs on time too. He is 100% dedicated to his craft and customers.
    As you can tell I love the man.

User Info Menu

You are going to absolutely love it !

The new Campellone batch-fab83d22-37d6-4a8b-ade5-c672eb754f8e-jpeg

" When in doubt ask the man who knows ."

So,Vinny- - is that Mark's standard location for a h/b, and / or does he offer choices, maybe 1/2 from fb ?? (( That one is a hb right ? ))

Thanks and yes that's a knockout !

Dennis

User Info Menu

Everything said about Mark Campellone as a person - and the flawless execution of his builds are absolutely true. A real gentlemen who provides a great experience with no anxiety. The build quality is perfection as Vinny noted. Here is a pic of my Campellone Special with Euro woods and pearl tuners. It’s a 24-3/4 scale and an awesome sounding guitar - and it plays like butter. It even has Abalone trim in the tail pc ebony insert.

Congrats to all the new Campellone customers.

Looking forward to Vinny’s next build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I owned a Campellone standard few years ago, and it’s one of the few guitars I regret selling. But, I HAD to have an L5 CES at the time. While I loved having the L5, I miss that Campy more!
    Last edited by Mark M.; 05-18-2021 at 08:10 PM.

User Info Menu

A little less bottom end. I’ve owned a couple Byrdlands and they sounded very close to a L5 just a little less bass.
    I'd agree with this. Mark built my "retirement present to myself" standard thin line in 2016 (I was experiencing some shoulder issues when playing deeper bodied archtops).

Here's a shot of mine to give you an idea of the depth. Note the pickguard mounted volume and tone controls -- I asked Mark to place them on the pickguard despite the fact that this guitar has a built in Lollar humbucker -- normally he would have placed the controls on the body itself.

The new Campellone batch-dsc01133-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    " When in doubt ask the man who knows ."

So,Vinny- - is that Mark's standard location for a h/b, and / or does he offer choices, maybe 1/2 from fb ?? (( That one is a hb right ? ))

Thanks and yes that's a knockout !

Dennis
    Yes Dennis but he will put it wherever you like. He would have no problem putting it further back like a 175. Mark is very flexible within reason.
    His default humbucker is a Kent Armstrong unless you want something else.
    Look at his gallery pics and you can see some nice customer customs.

User Info Menu

I owned a Campellone standard few years ago, and it’s one of the few guitars I regret selling. But, I HAD to have an L5 CES at the time. While I loved having the L5, I miss that Campy more!
    Last edited by Mark M.; 05-18-2021 at 09:59 PM.

User Info Menu

For the price point and workmanship excellence , nothing really competes with a Campellone. Except maybe an Andersen, but they are somewhat none traditional and lack that recurve which is a predominant feature in many of the great Archtops. However , I do really like Steve Andersen’s guitars , but I find that they lack the recognition or resale/ desirability of many of the other Luthier built guitars. I believe Campellone’s sonic quality is more familiar and what most people are after, especially for those seeking out a Gibson alternative.

Lets face it - a Campellone build is exciting- 4 months goes by quick and progress keeps us motivated to buy.

User Info Menu

Yes Dennis but he will put it wherever you like. He would have no problem putting it further back like a 175. Mark is very flexible within reason.
    His default humbucker is a Kent Armstrong unless you want something else.
    Look at his gallery pics and you can see some nice customer customs.

Thanks Vinny..I'm a ways down the MC list, but so far, it'll have a set-in p/u for sure......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    For the price point and workmanship excellence , nothing really competes with a Campellone. Except maybe an Andersen, but they are somewhat none traditional and lack that recurve which is a predominant feature in many of the great Archtops. However , I do really like Steve Andersen’s guitars , but I find that they lack the recognition or resale/ desirability of many of the other Luthier built guitars. I believe Campellone’s sonic quality is more familiar and what most people are after, especially for those seeking out a Gibson alternative.

Lets face it - a Campellone build is exciting- 4 months goes by quick and progress keeps us motivated to buy.

...and aesthically, nothing beats a Campellone.

User Info Menu

Sweet Nick ! My next will be a one off very custom build. I am very excited.
    It will have features from all my favorite archtop designs.
    I appreciate Mark stepping out of the box for this one.
    I love my Special but my V1K is a one of a kind and to me makes it more special.

The new Campellone batch-cc676802-99e7-4d27-b332-1bfdce652180-jpegThe new Campellone batch-1b31decb-bb05-43bd-8486-87b0534b82fa-jpegThe new Campellone batch-f19094cf-24fd-492d-ab23-10b0b98869ab-jpegThe new Campellone batch-54d3b102-736e-4dfb-b2be-971d5217f951-jpeg
    Vinny, I like the style of your Campellone builds and I can totally understand your enthusiasm about your next well thought out build with Mark C. I can tell from your experience and professionalism that these guitars help represent the sound & music you want to express.
    Knowing what you want and need makes a huge difference in getting a superior result.
    My next build will be very similar to my original build because I know the style and sound I am looking for.
    I know my playing capabilities and my expectations and enjoy pursuing them. Campellone guitars are the closest thing being made today in my opinion that help me get to where I wanna go guitar wise..
    My new build most likely will be as follows, 16 inch body non-cutaway, vintage sunburst, 3 inch deep body, single Lollar 50’s wind P90, 1 11/16 nut, 24.6 scale, rosewood fretboard & appointments, pearl dot inlays, rim strap pin..
    Last edited by Nick71; 05-19-2021 at 12:55 PM.