Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 126 to 147 of 147
  1. #126

    User Info Menu

    We’re blessed we live in a great time and were conversing with one of the future Masters Who will probably go down in history as as good as D’aquisto or D’Angelico

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    We’re blessed we live in a great time and were conversing with one of the future Masters Who will probably go down in history as as good as D’aquisto or D’Angelico
    Thankfully a present master still building masterpieces.

  4. #128

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    We’re blessed we live in a great time and were conversing with one of the future Masters Who will probably go down in history as as good as D’aquisto or D’Angelico
    Not to mention a Great Guy too!!

  5. #129
    The completed batch. As usual right on time. Stay tuned…….

    The new Campellone batch-c2fbea4c-02ff-4c97-875c-05df0a3597fc-jpegThe new Campellone batch-d09871dd-4ad8-4afd-87db-2d7895c6ebea-jpegThe new Campellone batch-ecaad68c-d635-4e7d-90bf-a62569b2332f-jpegThe new Campellone batch-8fc808dd-148d-4c6c-81a7-54b28091e787-jpegThe new Campellone batch-e89cd88b-4644-4463-9193-69d65160eb92-jpeg

  6. #130
    Back sides…

    The new Campellone batch-14a69b0e-56d9-44ea-8b46-1c3b71cde90f-jpegThe new Campellone batch-fe5cb32f-cf93-4e1f-88da-9deac3dac9ad-jpegThe new Campellone batch-567bb004-52fa-40a4-89c9-509c443beece-jpegThe new Campellone batch-b8a35197-3097-4b56-9b20-9190f3b5601b-jpegThe new Campellone batch-0d3bddc5-81e7-4ba1-a235-2a3a6ad65f1b-jpeg

  7. #131

    User Info Menu

    Vinny.
    We never tire of seeing the pics pf the finished articles
    of Mark's masterpieces ,and thank you for posting them
    for us to admire, and drool over


    Silverfoxx

  8. #132

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    Cool jig Mark. It seems to me with this jig you could conceivably get the neck straight by using a belt band in the middle area of the neck and then applying pressure to get the neck straight. I am just completely guessing because normally the neck can be made straight with the truss rod adjusted while doing the fret leveling. This jig sort of looks like a simpler version of Dan Erlewine's expensive neck jig. I personally do not use that jig he has but this seems to be similar. I would be interested in how your did your fret leveling and dressing. I say that because my Campy in the 20 years I have had it has require zero maintenance. Never have touched the truss rod and the neck is stable as they come, not to mention perfect action.
    DM, first step in a good fret job is making sure the neck is as straight as possible to begin with - I glue fingerboards to necks using a very stiff 3/4" multi-ply clamping caul board, so everything stays nice and straight as the glue sets. From there, the fret leveling and dressing process is pretty standard (in most cases, the neck is straight with no tension on the road, but if necessary I can tweak the rod to get the neck straight prior to fret leveling) - frets are leveled with an 8" flat file - then recrowned - then hit lightly using a 10" straight sanding board with 220 grit - each fret is then hand sanded (across its length) with 400 grit to remove scratches, followed finally with 3M Scotch-brite abrasive pads in medium and fine grit -

  9. #133
    I can speak with 49 years of experience. Best fret jobs I’ve ever played. No plek job will come even close.

    Matt Cushman is awesome too.

  10. #134

    User Info Menu

    Just WOW

  11. #135

    User Info Menu

    Mr. Campellone: Your guitars are elegance exemplified. Thank you for practicing your Art!

  12. #136

    User Info Menu

    Mark emailed me and told me that I should have my Standard in Cherry Sunburst by the end of next week. This is my first Campellone and I am really looking forward to playing it.

    Dealing with Mark is a pleasure. During the year or so I waited, he kept me informed and forwarded photos as the work progressed--a true professional.


    Tony D.

  13. #137

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pilotony
    Mark emailed me and told me that I should have my Standard in Cherry Sunburst by the end of next week. This is my first Campellone and I am really looking forward to playing it.

    Dealing with Mark is a pleasure. During the year or so I waited, he kept me informed and forwarded photos as the work progressed--a true professional.


    Tony D.
    Yes, my blonde Special should be on it's way soon as well! Mark was a pleasure to work with, did a great job of keeping me in the loop, and helped me through some tough decisions about specs (as I waffled back and forth!). And I think we arrived at a good place- can't wait to receive it!

  14. #138

    User Info Menu

    Real glad for you guys awaiting delivery !!!

    Big

  15. #139

    User Info Menu

    I have my third Campy on order, another "Cameo." I received my "Cameo" some time ago. It is featured near the end of Mark's gallery. Mark and I discovered the unique finish.

    I am sure you will be as pleased as I have been since 2007 when I received the "Special." Ray Chesna recommended I consider a Campellone. I took his suggestion and called Mark.

    Mark and I discussed it this evening. It will be worth the wait!

  16. #140

    User Info Menu

    It was great doing business with you Don we’ll catch up on the phone again real soon

    Big


    Quote Originally Posted by Don6200
    I have my third Campy on order, another "Cameo." I received my "Cameo" some time ago. It is featured near the end of Mark's gallery. Mark and I discovered the unique finish.

    I am sure you will be as pleased as I have been since 2007 when I received the "Special." Ray Chesna recommended I consider a Campellone. I took his suggestion and called Mark.

    Mark and I discussed it this evening. It will be worth the wait!

  17. #141

    User Info Menu

    I look forward to talking with you!

  18. #142

    User Info Menu

    I have been playing the "Cameo" featured on the last page of Mark's gallery. After a year its voicing is opening up. I just purchased a Carr "Rambler." WOW!!! I was surprised at how well the guitar responded to Stringjoy nickel steel .012 - .052. Both acoustically and on the "Rambler."

    I asked Mark to craft another "Cameo" for me some time ago. Same specs, "surprise" wood with a natural finish. Can't wait!

    I will travel to RI to pick it up. Mark is a special friend and I look forward to spending a bit of time with him.

    BTW. His shop is spotless!

  19. #143
    I think Mark is a special friend to everyone that has one of his guitars.

  20. #144

    User Info Menu

    I am happy with my herd of guitars. The pie"ce de
    re'sistance is, of course, the Campellone Deluxe, a
    joy to behold, with a remarkably satisfying tone that
    exceeded my expectations. A genuine masterpiece
    of today.

  21. #145

    User Info Menu

    For those who don't want to wait 2 years for a new Campellone, the 17" Thinline Standard with upgraded wood pictured in this thread is available from Acoustic Music. (at least it looks identical when comparing pictures).The guitar is on Reverb for $5450 with free shipping, but probably a little less if you deal with the shop directly.

    I got my 16" Campellone Thinline from them and they were great to deal with. Wonderful guitar.

  22. #146

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilpy
    For those who don't want to wait 2 years for a new Campellone, the 17" Thinline Standard with upgraded wood pictured in this thread is available from Acoustic Music. (at least it looks identical when comparing pictures).The guitar is on Reverb for $5450 with free shipping, but probably a little less if you deal with the shop directly.

    I got my 16" Campellone Thinline from them and they were great to deal with. Wonderful guitar.
    Great shop. I spent a morning there a few months ago, and walked out with a new Collings flat-top acoustic. Nice folks.

  23. #147

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilpy
    For those who don't want to wait 2 years for a new Campellone, the 17" Thinline Standard with upgraded wood pictured in this thread is available from Acoustic Music. (at least it looks identical when comparing pictures).The guitar is on Reverb for $5450 with free shipping, but probably a little less if you deal with the shop directly.

    I got my 16" Campellone Thinline from them and they were great to deal with. Wonderful guitar.
    Correct - it is the same guitar - #563