The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 147
    Nick,

We know what we love. Thank God we have someone to build it.
    For me the Wesmo model is the perfect guitar with minor tweaks.
    17x3x25x1-11/16 fits me like a tailored glove.

Looking forward to your next build Sir.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Best guitar value out there
    new or used
    period

im always shopping for another Special

User Info Menu

I must add that the pic above of Vinny's Blonde Special is superb, it has simplicity
    and elegance in spades, Imo the essence of a beautiful instrument, ,my own Deluxe
    is also a delight to behold and the temptation to acquire a Campellone, Special
    is almost overwhelming , I must not procrastinate. Time is not on my side.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Nick,

We know what we love. Thank God we have someone to build it.
    For me the Wesmo model is the perfect guitar with minor tweaks.
    17x3x25x1-11/16 fits me like a tailored glove.

Looking forward to your next build Sir.
    Those are the specs of my upcoming special, except for 1 3/4: wide at the nut.

And sorry, antique blonde! I know how you love that sunburst!

EDIT: Oh, I didn't know you had a blonde as well! You have the bases covered I think!

The new Campellone batch-efbc7f44-aed6-4377-8048-dc364b91d515-jpgThe new Campellone batch-389cd8f0-4789-426c-9408-e4ac4e1788ac-jpg

User Info Menu

The new Campellone batch-efbc7f44-aed6-4377-8048-dc364b91d515-jpgThe new Campellone batch-389cd8f0-4789-426c-9408-e4ac4e1788ac-jpg
    Wow...gorgeous Vinny!

Mark will send more pics of his latest batch after he sprays on their birthday suits.

I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

User Info Menu

The new Campellone batch-73acfe8e-0c30-4000-a647-7b598c893b41-jpegThe new Campellone batch-c63d440f-8a0f-4731-9a2f-f9fdf8aa15f7-jpegThe new Campellone batch-b8eef70b-efa1-425a-a0b1-f794946fcf99-jpegThe new Campellone batch-94fff814-826d-47a2-bd04-3533ae643afc-jpegThe new Campellone batch-ae9dbb28-f11f-4328-81c3-aea1c7761831-jpeg

Back before my inheritance when I was in Jersey there was a petite sized Campellone that was specially made for Steve Miller
    Gryphon Had the guitar on their site it has remarkable custom features it had a pick up amount to pick up more down where a Joe Pass pick up would be.
    it was built to commemorate 9/11 I had a gorgeous inlay on the headstock that was the skyline in Manhattan and underneath that was a similar colored material that represented the reflection of the skyline on the Hudson it had a rose inlay on the back of the headstock and a rose inlay on the wood tail piece
    I loved that guitar so much I had Mr. Wu build me a 17 inch version of that But with a floating pick up - Of course the Mr. Wu is nothing like a real Campellone as I’ve learned
    Ha Hah Hah Hah Hah
    If I ever saw that Manhattan Skyline again I’d grab it in a heartbeat
    My office lost four clients in the towers I never forgot how my big board at work look so strange with those four red icon staring in the face representing those four clients being down
    Attached Images Attached Images The new Campellone batch-39e3faa6-61c7-48c9-84e7-4424c882f6bb-jpeg 
    Last edited by Crm114; 05-19-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Wow !

User Info Menu

Mark will send more pics of his latest batch after he sprays on their birthday suits.

I love the smell of nitro in the morning.
    Funny post vinny

User Info Menu

I'm not one to post about gear stuff often but I'm very impressed with these guitars. I personally love those diamond shaped inlays. Something about a diamond inside of a rectangle(gap between two frets). And the classy headstock design. And the great wood picked out. And the bursts done. I'm sure the guitars sound as gorgeous as they look.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    The new Campellone batch-73acfe8e-0c30-4000-a647-7b598c893b41-jpegThe new Campellone batch-c63d440f-8a0f-4731-9a2f-f9fdf8aa15f7-jpegThe new Campellone batch-b8eef70b-efa1-425a-a0b1-f794946fcf99-jpegThe new Campellone batch-94fff814-826d-47a2-bd04-3533ae643afc-jpegThe new Campellone batch-ae9dbb28-f11f-4328-81c3-aea1c7761831-jpeg

Back before my inheritance when I was in Jersey there was a petite sized Campellone that was specially made for Steve Miller
    Gryphon Had the guitar on their site it has remarkable custom features it had a pick up amount to pick up more down where a Joe Pass pick up would be.
    it was built to commemorate 9/11 I had a gorgeous inlay on the headstock that was the skyline in Manhattan and underneath that was a similar colored material that represented the reflection of the skyline on the Hudson it had a rose inlay on the back of the headstock and a rose inlay on the wood tail piece
    I loved that guitar so much I had Mr. Wu build me a 17 inch version of that But with a floating pick up - Of course the Mr. Wu is nothing like a real Campellone as I’ve learned
    Ha Hah Hah Hah Hah
    My office lost four clients in the towers I never forgot how my big board at work look so strange with those four red icon staring in the face representing those four clients being down
    CRM114,
    I like that guitar.
    And, all the more for it’s representation of NYC WTC.
    I am a native New Yorker, fourth generation living in the city.
    I went to the Culinary Institute of America and worked in some of the best French restaurants in Manhattan in the 1990’s. I was part of a team that helped re-open Windows of the World Restaurant on the 107th floor of World Trade Center. The re-opening took place between the first car bomb attack and the second airplane attack. I had moved on and was no longer there the day of 9 11.
    So many were affected that day.
    So many were horrifically killed that day.
    So many were forever changed that day.
    Love and Prayers to all our family, friends, coworkers & neighbors..
    Never Forgotten

User Info Menu

Yours is some story
    thanks for sharing that

User Info Menu

Inheritance? That’s another thing I’ll never experience.

User Info Menu

2B
    I’ll give it all back if I could have my parents bac
    you still got your parents ??

I’ll give it all up to be able to talk to my mom or my dad
    I think it’s James Brown said money don’t change you

unfortunately money changes the people around you. I’ve learned the hard way over and over these last five years all of a sudden everybody thinks you owe them something “oh come on man you’ve got the money”

Yes they say on TV man
    “don’t try this at home”

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Inheritance? That’s another thing I’ll never experience.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=vinnyv1k;1122219]3 Standards, 1 Special, and 1 Deluxe Attachment 81580[/QUOT

For the beer judges of the forum. When Mark Campellone makes a batch of guitars you pour over them and first smell the guitar. Then you get in your hands and feel the puppy as your hand sides down the neck. Your eyes see a wonder of flame and burst or blond--- gorgeous. Finally as a musician you ears hear the magic and the next thing you know...........damn this batch of brew is incredible we have to make sure and keep brewing this stuff..........because in the end it is a Legendary Guitar. Tasty stuff!

User Info Menu

That’s funny it’s spoken as reverently as people used to describe approaching Patrick’s unity you don’t just walk in the room you turn the lights down maybe like a couple of candles put on some Bolero on the stereo and then you quietly enter

[QUOTE=deacon Mark;1122813]
    3 Standards, 1 Special, and 1 Deluxe Attachment 81580[/QUOT

For the beer judges of the forum. When Mark Campellone makes a batch of guitars you pour over them and first smell the guitar. Then you get in your hands and feel the puppy as your hand sides down the neck. Your eyes see a wonder of flame and burst or blond--- gorgeous. Finally as a musician you ears hear the magic and the next thing you know...........damn this batch of brew is incredible we have to make sure and keep brewing this stuff..........because in the end it is a Legendary Guitar. Tasty stuff!

User Info Menu

I had a long talk with 2Boday and we talked about things that used to beYou know used to be that you could get a nice Gibson or Heritage on the used market for a decent price - well shit they’re not the same companies anymore and those days are over probably the best set up we saw was when Chicago Music Exchange Had the big sale. Same things going to happen to Mark eventually he’s going to start making guitars there won’t be any more coming out and then they’re only be a finite number of them and when they come up on the used market the prices are going to go up the same way that the Gibson guitars and Heritage guitars have gone up in the last year or so

I got a lot of gear and I love a lot of the guitars that Herotagr made some of the best I have are the Heritages and yeah I like my Gibsons too of course

but I think Mark Campellone‘s guitars are some of the best that I have and ever well have PERIOD

User Info Menu

Remember me talking About that Manhattan Skyline Gryphon had on consignment - a star owned guitar made by Mark Campellone custom ordered by Steve Miller was selling for $3750.

Yeah like I said used to be

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crm114

Ha Hah Hah Hah Hah
    Just wanted to clear up a possible confusion here - the Manhattan Skyline guitar was a custom build for a fellow from Staten Island. The small guitar that Gryphon had for sale was one of two that I'd build for Steve Miller - one was a full size 17", the other smaller guitar (pictured here below) was based on his Ibanez GB10 custom -
    The new Campellone batch-481089-jpgThe new Campellone batch-481085-jpgThe new Campellone batch-4810822-jpg

User Info Menu

Mark thanks for clearing the air on that one. It sure is good have you post in here sir

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    Just wanted to clear up a possible confusion here - the Manhattan Skyline guitar was a custom build for a fellow from Staten Island. The small guitar that Gryphon had for sale was one of two that I'd build for Steve Miller - one was a full size 17", the other smaller guitar (pictured here below) was based on his Ibanez GB10 custom -
    The new Campellone batch-481089-jpgThe new Campellone batch-481085-jpgThe new Campellone batch-4810822-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    That Florentine cut is very interesting. The point is rounded not sharp. I am wondering how Mark did that ? A rounded binding cap ? I like it.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=deacon Mark;1122813]
    3 Standards, 1 Special, and 1 Deluxe Attachment 81580[/QUOT

Maybe the beer judges PORE over them, but I doubt that they POUR over them, and hopefully not beer!

In my experience, the beer gets poured over the guitar somewhere during the fourth set!

User Info Menu

I had occasion to speak to Mark yesterday afternoon and he had just finished spraying the bursts. He said he was really wiped out from that. But then considering his incredible bursts I’m sure they are really inspired work.
    Last edited by Crm114; 05-22-2021 at 03:52 PM.

User Info Menu

I opened a savings account this morning just for my M. Campellone guitar. Mark told me it will be around 2 years from this past April. So I figure, the more I can save, the more options I can have!