The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 68

User Info Menu

I wanted to share this video with you because I am so Happy with the way it sounds.
    My Gibson L5 Wes really is the guitar of a lifetime. The Clarity, Balance, Playability and overall commanding presence of this guitar is really world class.
    No other Guitar compares as far as I am concerned.
    Also, I am hoping that posting another video might bring our friend Neatomic back. He always liked my videos and told me to keep them coming.
    I pray to God that you are OK Neatomic.

I hope you like my Video.

Joe DeNisco

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

AWESOME, Joe!!

User Info Menu

So beautiful, Joe. Thanks for posting. The L5 really knows how to take care of a musician, doesn't it?

User Info Menu

Great !
    I would even say : play it again... Joe

User Info Menu

Sounds great, Joe. So glad you got that guitar from Dan. It's made for you.

User Info Menu

Bravo!! Now you'll know my real name if you check your YT Channel!

User Info Menu

Great playing, great guitar and I think your well wishes to Neatomic are shared by all the regulars on this forum.

User Info Menu

I recall reading in GP many years ago a bluesman saying that a particular guitar sounded "the way a guitar should sound".

I remember thinking this was ridiculous, that guitars could have all kinds of great sounds.

But, I changed my mind.

Your guitar sounds like a guitar should sound.

Great playing too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    AWESOME, Joe!!
    Thank You Sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    So beautiful, Joe. Thanks for posting. The L5 really knows how to take care of a musician, doesn't it?
    Lawson! My man.. They really do. You have to be pretty strong cuz they are heavy though.. But are soooo right. JD
    Quote Originally Posted by JFranck
    Great !
    I would even say : play it again... Joe
    Hahaaa.. Well, somebody has to say it! You know that song was written in a bar about a 1/4 mile away from my Office, at the Robin Hood Inn. This establishment no longer exists, but they commemorate Herman with a plaque in the new place..
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    Sounds great, Joe. So glad you got that guitar from Dan. It's made for you.
    Thank you MM. I really am glad too. Ive never played a bad one. Im not sure there is a bad L5. But this one is cherished for sure. Just as planned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strbender
    Bravo!! Now you'll know my real name if you check your YT Channel!
    SP, thank you sir! Yeah I recognized the guitar in the Avatar already! Very cool buddy. Thank You.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpjazzguitar
    I recall reading in GP many years ago a bluesman saying that a particular guitar sounded "the way a guitar should sound".
    I remember thinking this was ridiculous, that guitars could have all kinds of great sounds.
    But, I changed my mind.
    Your guitar sounds like a guitar should sound.
    Great playing too.
    RP, that is a really nice thing to hear.
    Its true. They all sound different. And even though you cant hear them that good when your playing, that is the time when you can pick out the differnces the most. I know it sounds impossible. But its true.
    Thank You very much. JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    Great playing, great guitar and I think your well wishes to Neatomic are shared by all the regulars on this forum.
    SS, For me (and you..) the old saying applies.. "Only a Gibson is Good Enough".
    Thanks for your words, support and as always, your friendship.
    I hope Neatomic is OK.
    And another of our dear friends is going through a tough time right now. I pray for him every day, sometimes twice.. My boy.
    JD

User Info Menu

It is such a joy and treasure to hear you coax such luscious sound out of my old WesMo. Truly honored to hear you play it, Joe.

Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dcrowe
    It is such a joy and treasure to hear you coax such luscious sound out of my old WesMo. Truly honored to hear you play it, Joe.
    Dan
    Aww man..
    The honor is all mine. And it really doesnt take much effort to make beautiful sounds with that Guitar. Its no coincidence that octaves sound better on that guitar than any other..
    I've said it before, I feel like a warrior with this L5 on my lap. Like the "Brad Pitt" Achilles in Troy! I am sitting there thinking I have to move long blond hair away from my face. And it turns out, its just some spider webs or something..
    Thank You Dan.

User Info Menu

Wow! Joe, this is your best ever, and that's saying a lot! Just wonderful! And I share your concern for our friend neatomic. I pray he's OK.

User Info Menu

One of the greatest movie songs ever only beat out by Somewhere Over the Rainbow which was voted the greatest song of the 20th century.
    Beautifully and marvelously executed version Bro......and ty

User Info Menu

Neatomic is very much loved around here. We are all hoping and praying that he just forgot to pay his internet bill.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Wow! Joe, this is your best ever, and that's saying a lot! Just wonderful! And I share your concern for our friend neatomic. I pray he's OK.
    Thank you C74.
    This guitar is the benchmark and the most imitated design for a reason. It’s just perfect in every way. When you put an L5 neck in your hand, it’s like nothing else in the world. Even if it doesn’t fit, IT STILL FITS!
    I’ve loved a lot of guitars around here. And I really sincerely have. For one reason or other, they all go.
    This one, well it gonna take a tragic occurrence to make this one go.
    JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Thank you C74.
    This guitar is the benchmark and the most imitated design for a reason. It’s just perfect in every way. When you put an L5 neck in your hand, it’s like nothing else in the world. Even if it doesn’t fit, IT STILL FITS!
    I’ve loved a lot of guitars around here. And I really sincerely have. For one reason or other, they all go.
    This one, well it gonna take a tragic occurrence to make this one go.
    JD
    I almost believe you this time Joe.....almost

The tone is fabulous, sounds like your man Johnny Smith, enjoy it while you can!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Neatomic is very much loved around here. We are all hoping and praying that he just forgot to pay his internet bill.
    One of the greatest movie songs ever only beat out by Somewhere Over the Rainbow which was voted the greatest song of the 20th century.
    Beautifully and marvelously executed version Bro......and ty
    Bro, Believe it or not - I remember this song from a carton, not the movie. I never even saw Casablanca. It was Bugs Bunny and a dog and they kept tricking each other and locking each other out of the house, in the cold.
    This song, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Stardust, Here’s that Rainy Day and When You Wish Upon a Star are my absolute favorite songs of all time.
    You..
    Bro the friendship I’ve developed with you here is one of my most cherished things. It has been an absolute blessing in every sense of the word. “As time goes by”, it gets stronger. I am so glad you liked what I played.
    You.. are gonna be my bro forever.
    L,J

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    I almost believe you this time Joe.....almost
    The tone is fabulous, sounds like your man Johnny Smith, enjoy it while you can!
    Hahaa.. I deserve it bro. I deserve it. But this one, my GB100 and just one more... one more.. nicer than this,
    And finito!
    I will always strive to sound like Johnny. That will never change.
    I’ve come to terms with what I am at this stage of my life. I don’t think I need lessons..
    JD

User Info Menu

Nice playing Joe! The Wes L5 is the perfect guitar for your style of playing. I hope we hear from Neatomic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

QA, thank you bud.
    I always thought I needed a floater. Well, I don’t know why but the set in pickup nets the perfect sound, feel and palette for all types of Jazz and solo guitar. We are all so fortunate to have these wonderful guitars.
    JD

User Info Menu

Whew. Now that’s great! Joe, what a great performance and an exemplary guitar to play this on. I can only commend you for your hard work to get to this level of play and aspire to not only get fractionally as good but also to one day have an L5 of my own. You and this guitar sound fantastic. Aces across the board.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Bro, Believe it or not - I remember this song from a carton, not the movie. I never even saw Casablanca. It was Bugs Bunny . . .
    This song, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Stardust, Here’s that Rainy Day and When You Wish Upon a Star are my absolute favorite songs of all time.
    You...
    Joe, that's classic in every way. Enjoy your new partner!

If you're pondering an exploration of 'Standards In Movies' please let me respectfully suggest this one. It's a perfect capstone to an outstanding movie (from an deeply flawed auteur), and all the more special because their are so few examples of the actor's singing voice:

User Info Menu

I'm with our friend Neatomic. Keep 'em coming.