Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 68 of 68

User Info Menu

Thumbs up! ...don6200

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very cool nice job!

User Info Menu

Flawlessly delivered! Your Wes Montgomery is a dream.

If I may ask, what amp did you use in this recording?

don6200

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by S F
    Very cool nice job!
    Thank you SF!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Don6200
    Thumbs up! ...don6200
    Quote Originally Posted by Don6200
    Flawlessly delivered! Your Wes Montgomery is a dream.
    If I may ask, what amp did you use in this recording?
    don6200
    Thank you Don, I really appreciate that.
    As for the amp.. I don’t use an amp. I always use a BOSS GT-001 with no amp simulation. I use a bit of reverb and I use the volume slider on the EQ to add volume. All other sliders are unadjusted. No other effects.
    Thanks, Joe D

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Thank you Don, I really appreciate that.
    As for the amp.. I don’t use an amp. I always use a BOSS GT-001 with no amp simulation. I use a bit of reverb and I use the volume slider on the EQ to add volume. All other sliders are unadjusted. No other effects.
    Thanks, Joe D
    10-4 Joe D

User Info Menu

Joe D. Many thx for info on amp.

User Info Menu

Holy Moley Joe! You and that beautiful guitar were made for each other. Very few musicians get into the dynamics of a tune. Most just add their own sense about how the tune should feel. Some are more successful than others at this but Joe, you are the master. When you play, you own the tune and it really shows.

I had a guitar teacher many years ago who told me that before I start adding chords over melody notes I should know the tune inside and out and should be able to play the melody line over and over again without any errors. This takes time and practice and it shows in your playing.

Thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

Tony!
    How are you buddy! While I don’t see you around much anymore I rejoice when I do!
    You have to be less scarce. Especially with Neatomic M.I.A. We need your class back in the organization!
    The melody of this song was ingrained my head since I was a little dude. It was a routine part of my Bugs Bunny experience. Yeah, I know it was also in a movie that was also kinda famous..?
    Your teacher was right. In my opinion why play a song if the melody isn’t prominent? Then you not playing the song, right?
    The L5 is all the guitar it’s cracked up to be. It’s my crown jewel and will always be.
    I missed you Tony.
    I hope you and your family are doing really well.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

You're always a gentlemen, Joe, thanks for the kind words.

We doing OK here. As with everyone else, it's been a long year for us (tragically, my mother-in-law passed away from COVID last April) but, Cynthia and I got vaccinated a few weeks ago, and we are cleared to resume our regular activities. We hope you and your's are doing well and as eager as we are to get back in the game, so to speak.

I've been in the house orchestra of a local theater group for many years. Normally they would stage two musicals a year and between rehearsals and performances, it kept (my wife volunteers also) us busy. I'm hoping that the group can get together again soon as we enjoyed the whole experience.

Just before the quarantine, I ordered a guitar from Mark Campellone. I think my guitar is in the next batch. I can hardly wait. Again, you made our day Joe. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Tony,I echo Joe's comments, very glad to see you back. and I fully understand eager
    anticipation waiting for your Campellone guitar. My Deluxe was delivered in October .
    I assure you that they are incomparable. The QC, build, and everything about it is perfect.
    Mark is a very agreeable man to deal with ,and everything is executed with consummate
    professionalism. We look forward to your own opinion when it is delivered to you.

Kind regards SF

User Info Menu

So if understand it from reading this thread, you played through a modeler for this performance? A modeler similar to the Line 6 Helix for example? Is that correct? I'm a little ignorant of this kind of equipment but as a man still searching for tone, I think one of these units might give me a chance to experiment greatly without having to buy hundreds of different amps, and at least get me in the ballpark of where I want to be amp wise. Is that a good idea? Or should I just keep trying different tube amps?

Also if I am correct I'd like to know what speakers you plugged into, did you use studio monitors?

It's a given that the guitar is INCREDIBLE and the playing is divine, this IS a tone I'm looking for (I know a lot of tone is skill and I have a ways to go there).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Fingers
    So if understand it from reading this thread, you played through a modeler for this performance? A modeler similar to the Line 6 Helix for example? Is that correct? I'm a little ignorant of this kind of equipment but as a man still searching for tone, I think one of these units might give me a chance to experiment greatly without having to buy hundreds of different amps, and at least get me in the ballpark of where I want to be amp wise. Is that a good idea? Or should I just keep trying different tube amps?
    Also if I am correct I'd like to know what speakers you plugged into, did you use studio monitors?
    It's a given that the guitar is INCREDIBLE and the playing is divine, this IS a tone I'm looking for (I know a lot of tone is skill and I have a ways to go there).
    FF, 1st off, thank you for your post and you kind words.
    Yes sir. Technically, the GT-001 is a modeler. But I don't use the modeling part. I turn off all amp and Speaker simulation. It colorizes the sound too much for me. I like to hear the straight guitar. But as with all digital recording, you need an Analog to Digital conversion before you go into the computer. The GT-001 is a GREAT analog to digital convertor. So I go into the input jack of the GT with my guitar. And come out of the USB Out, with a USB cable into my laptop. I have the GT Drivers on the laptop and with MultiCam Capture, I setup all my cameras, with the sound source being the GT-001 Primary. So I record 3-4 cameras at one time, all of which having the input from my GT_001 as the sound source.
    To me, its pure 1st generation Digital sound that matches very closely what I hear when I use my headphones in the GT-001. I could use Studio Monitors. But I dont because I don't have any.
    Once again, the only effects I have active on the GT-001 are;
    1- Stereo Reverb
    2- The GE-7 EQ that is on the GT-001. The only thing I use that for is to bump the volume slider, just to get more volume.
    No Compression. No Amp Simulation and No Speaker/Cabinet simulation.

So the sound I get is always pure unadulterated sound that comes out of the guitar.

The other benefit of this setup is, I plug my headphones into the GT when I practice. I never use an amp. It has a Aux In so I plug my iPad into it when I am learning songs or playing against backing tracks.
    One Box for everything. The only this this box doesn't have is a looper. I wish it did.

I hope that helped.
    JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pilotony
    You're always a gentlemen, Joe, thanks for the kind words.
    We doing OK here. As with everyone else, it's been a long year for us (tragically, my mother-in-law passed away from COVID last April) but, Cynthia and I got vaccinated a few weeks ago, and we are cleared to resume our regular activities. We hope you and your's are doing well and as eager as we are to get back in the game, so to speak.
    I've been in the house orchestra of a local theater group for many years. Normally they would stage two musicals a year and between rehearsals and performances, it kept (my wife volunteers also) us busy. I'm hoping that the group can get together again soon as we enjoyed the whole experience.
    Just before the quarantine, I ordered a guitar from Mark Campellone. I think my guitar is in the next batch. I can hardly wait. Again, you made our day Joe. Thanks.
    I am glad You and Mrs Tony are doing good. My condolences go out to you and Cynthia for your Mother in Law. I am glad everything is getting back on track.
    Its nice to have something to look forward too. Your orchestra gig and the Campy will keep you satisfied. Thank You Tony.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    Tony,I echo Joe's comments, very glad to see you back. and I fully understand eager
    anticipation waiting for your Campellone guitar. My Deluxe was delivered in October .
    I assure you that they are incomparable. The QC, build, and everything about it is perfect.
    Mark is a very agreeable man to deal with ,and everything is executed with consummate
    professionalism. We look forward to your own opinion when it is delivered to you.
    Kind regards SF
    Foxman, I like how you always take the opportunity help out fellow forum members with your experience and insight.
    Mark is very lucky to have you and Vinny as customers. Word of mouth advertising. The best advertising of its kind..
    JD

User Info Menu

JD,

You're a prince! Always willing to share what you know, and how you feel about these things. It's a delight. I hold off on commenting while reading the replies and your responses, but learning a lot not just about your technique, but also lessons in your attitude and behavior toward others, and it is quite impressive. It says a lot about JD the person, not just JD the jazzhead. Keep it up my friend.

Always a pleasure!

Thanks, Steve

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    JD,

You're a prince! Always willing to share what you know, and how you feel about these things. It's a delight. I hold off on commenting while reading the replies and your responses, but learning a lot not just about your technique, but also lessons in your attitude and behavior toward others, and it is quite impressive. It says a lot about JD the person, not just JD the jazzhead. Keep it up my friend.

Always a pleasure!

Thanks, Steve
    Agreed. JD always sets the example here by taking the high road. He’s truly a class act and one of a kind!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    JD,
    Always a pleasure!
    Thanks, Steve
    Sky, Thank You sir. That is really nice thing for to say. You should talk bro.. You are like a friggin Angel here.. Love you dude.
    I wasn't always that way. I've learned a lot along the way. My boxing trainer Herbie, God rest his beautiful Soul, he use to yell at me all the time. "Be Water!" He would say. I try doing that now with the Guitars. Conform to it. Don't expect the guitar to mold to you. Its a bunch Metal, Wood and plastic. It will never happen. You must find the sweetness in the guitar and pour yourself into IT. I missed out on a lot of attributes in great guitars I've owned because I never listened to Herbie. I am enjoying every guitar I have now because all of them have great attributes. And left inside the grooves are parts of the souls of the masters who made them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Agreed. JD always sets the example here by taking the high road. He’s truly a class act and one of a kind!
    Thank You 2B. I'll never forget, you were one of the 1st friends I had here on this forum. You and Patrick were like the Dynamic duo.
    I'm glad you feel that way. You warned me about the "drama".
    Hey the one guitar I kick myself in the ass for not acting quicker on was that Sunburst Guild Benedetto Johnny Smith Artist Award you had - with the signed headstock. You remember that one? It was dead mint and you gave it the 2B treatment. I remember begging my wife.. I think I missed the boat on it because it had too long of a name.. It took me an extra minute to pull trigger because I had to tell her what it was over and over and I missed out!
    Great memories.
    Thank you everyone. It would suck if this forum didn't exist..
    JD

User Info Menu

"...find the sweetness in the guitar...."