Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

A couple of months ago I was lucky to buy a second hand Ibanez GB200. I am totally happy with my compact GB10 but was curious how the bigger sister (the body is just a little bit over 16" wide) would perform. Although both are not designed to be an acoustic archtop even unplugged the difference is audible.
    It seems like the bigger guitar resonates a little deeper than the smaller. This also translates to the amplified tones. So while the 10 is agile, bright and punchy the GB200, while not being lame or muddy sounds more sonorous and relaxed – for lack of a better word: bigger ;-).
    Pickups may also contribute to this. It is also very comfortable to play seated while the 10 is more comfortable to play standing up.
    I'm very happy to have both.
    Size does matter!-img_0175-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Vert attractive guitar. Kinda round all over.

User Info Menu

A beauty - Happy New Guitar Day!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guavajelly
    A couple of months ago I was lucky to buy a second hand Ibanez GB200. I am totally happy with my compact GB10 but was curious how the bigger sister (the body is just a little bit over 16" wide) would perform. Although both are not designed to be an acoustic archtop even unplugged the difference is audible.
    It seems like the bigger guitar resonates a little deeper than the smaller. This also translates to the amplified tones. So while the 10 is agile, bright and punchy the GB200, while not being lame or muddy sounds more sonorous and relaxed – for lack of a better word: bigger ;-).
    Pickups may also contribute to this. It is also very comfortable to play seated while the 10 is more comfortable to play standing up.
    I'm very happy to have both.
    Size does matter!-img_0175-jpeg
    That is a lovley guitar whose zaftig lines exemplify its mellow tones. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Size does matter!

I wish I could find this old cartoon -- two nuns are walking in a cathedral and one says to the other: "it's all about the size of the organ."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Size does matter!

I wish I could find this old cartoon -- two nuns are walking in a cathedral and one says to the other: "it's all about the size of the organ."

Reminds me of the 2 nuns riding bicycles down a bumpy cobblestone road in the French countryside.

One says to the other, "Do you come this way often?"

The other says, "No, usually I think of Fr. Jacques and touch myself."

User Info Menu

Congratulations on your new-to-you GB200.

I agree wholeheartedly about the difference between that and the GB10. While both have that definitive midrange attack that Mr. Benson needs, the GB200 takes it up a notch with even more tonal richness.

Enjoy and play it in good health.

User Info Menu

Kudos and congrats and enjoy that GB200! A MIJ Ibanez is hard to beat, they’re a well kept secret. I had the GB10 but could never get comfy with the skinny body and skinny tone.

(MIJ PM200 and AF200 here)

User Info Menu

The GB200 is a beautiful looking guitar! I love the rosewood headstock overlay - so classy.
    I used to be sceptical about size having much bearing on amplified tone but going from a 16'' Greco ES 175 copy to a 17" Matsumoku Epi Emperor F, the difference in tone was profound. There are other differences between the two guitars, but the bigger body adds a certain depth of tone the other guitar lacked.

User Info Menu

The Larger sound box makes it more resonate so its voicing comes clear and louder. And with the right pickups that character will come through its sound.

User Info Menu

GJ, Man, that is a really pretty guitar.
    Its good hear the bigger guitar sounds bigger. Sometimes, thats not the case. If not made right, the sound can get lost in a larger body. Almost like a the notes dont get along so well in there..
    I am a BIG Fan of the GB Ibanez Guitars. I'm glad I got one.
    Thanks for sharing. JD