The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Guys,

I am relatively new to pedals, and now I got sort of pedal fever...

I cannot completely figuer out which expression pedal to get and how i can apply it in the chain..

I have very basic AMT pedal that I just borrowed, it works only with my delay which has expression pedal input...

But in many videos I saw the pedals that seem to be set in the chain and they have both input and output.

I understand that espression pedal is a kind of outside pots control

In many demo vids i see how it is used to achieve that kind of attacklss violine like sound but I cannot understand how - with which pedal effext it is combined.. what kind of pedal can do this etc

Something similar I hear in this guitar solo
    (fantastic performance byt all byt the way.. and great guitar tone!0

thank yu and enjoy the performance)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Violin sounds are obtained by picking when volume is set to zero, then increasing the volume. You can do this either with the volume control of the guitar (Jeff Beck, Jan Akkerman.....) or by using a volume pedal.....

User Info Menu

An expression pedal on its own doesnt do anything, it's just a pedal to plug in to another effect so you can control some of the parameters with your foot.. eg amount of repeats in a delay.
    The pedals that can be controlled with an expression pedal have a seperate expression input.

What Ray sais, you're looking for a volume pedal. (Avoid the ernie ball ones imho)

User Info Menu

I am sure they make a volume pedal that is also a expression one input for the signal another for out for the volume part and a TRS out for the expression part. This way you control the volume and another pedals parameter.

User Info Menu

Not the derail the thread, but holy smokes Abe Laboriel is still one kickass bass player!

I know nothing about expression pedals, so I can't contribute there.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxJaxon
    I am sure they make a volume pedal that is also a expression one input for the signal another for out for the volume part and a TRS out for the expression part. This way you control the volume and another pedals parameter.
    Yes they do make it. I checked already

The one borrowed is very basic it has only two outputs TS and TRS and that is it

I actually can use a volume pedal because there is such function on delay it connects to but then I need to have the delay on all the time.