The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sorry lads, no pix. Basic 2-tone burst, maple. You’ve seen hundreds of them.

It came with .09s, so I took advantage of the shop’s complimentary set-up and had them install .010s, along with compensating saddles. The guitar is relatively light. The neck is excellent. Intonation is spot on. I like the old fashioned tuners. I can’t say I noticed any difference in terms of neck radius or the vintage frets. The neck is thicker than I am accustomed to but no big deal. Maple fret board. I couldn’t see any flaws in the finish. The pickups sound just fine and do the jazz Tele thing pretty well.

it came with a mediocre gig bag. Fender could do better in this regard. The store found me a top hat for the switch.

My 2 MIM Teles really make me question why I need to keep a couple of much more expensive guitars.
    Last edited by Bach5G; 05-08-2021 at 02:22 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bach5G
    Sorry lads, no pix. Basic 2-tone burst, maple. You’ve seen hundreds of them.

It came with .09s, so I took advantage of the shop’s complimentary set-up and had them install .010s, along with compensating saddles. The guitar is relatively light. The neck is excellent. Intonation is spot on. I can’t say I noticed any difference in terms of neck radius or the vintage frets. The neck is thicker than I am accustomed to but no big deal. Maple fret board. I couldn’t see any flaws in the finish. The pickups sound just fine and do the jazz Tele thing pretty well.

it came with a mediocre gig bag. Fender could do better in this regard. The store found me a top hat for the switch.

My 2 MIM Teles really make me question why I need to keep a couple of much more expensive guitars.
    Telecasters are wonderful things. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Congrats! I had a 50s Vintera in sunburst like yours. It was a great guitar, and loved the neck it had! If it hadn't been for my raging GAS for a thinline, that resulted in me trading my Vintera 50s Tele towards a Fender Britt Daniel Thinline, I'd probably still have it.

User Info Menu

I really like the tuners with the hole down the middle of the capstan so that the sharp end of the string isn't poking out. It's one of my favorite features of my Fender type guitars. My Ibanez GB10 has those too; I don't know why they aren't just the standard because they're so much safer and the string ends don't chew up the inside of your gig bag.

User Info Menu

Grats! I don’t own one but they look great!

User Info Menu

Great guitar. You just can't go wrong with a Tele.

One little tip that may or may not interest you--put a pearloid white pickguard on there for some cheap extra bling. That's what I did with my similar guitar. Really like the look.