The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Remember: Eliminate all choice and do only what you can only do! (One of those things that pops out of my mouth and makes me think, "hey, I might could use that...")

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Was that our own Mark Rhodes or was it Nile Rogers? From the sound of it, I couldn't tell the difference!
    Freak Out! Chukka Chukka..
    Mark, you want to hear some really cool funky Rhythm, Listen to "Jungle Strut" off the "Santana" album. One of my favs..
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Was that our own Mark Rhodes or was it Nile Rogers? From the sound of it, I couldn't tell the difference!
    Freak Out! Chukka Chukka..
    Mark, you want to hear some really cool funky Rhythm, Listen to "Jungle Strut" off the "Santana" album. One of my favs..
    Joe D
    I wore that album out as a kid! Loved Santana, also War, lots of Motown, Booker T & the MGs, Sly & the Family Stone...

This was my favorite song from it. (Love Carlos' solo, esp the beginning. Starts at 2:20.)

User Info Menu

Mark,

Exceptional idea! In the situation I am in, I sometimes have to play funk rhythms for long stretches. I know exactly what you mean about pick movement. I'm going to give your silicone pads a try. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Everybody’s Everything..
    One of most under rated Santana songs ever.
    I miss those days.
    JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Everybody’s Everything..
    One of most under rated Santana songs ever.
    I miss those days.
    JD
    It's in my Top Five of all Santana songs.
    Never totally clear on the lyrics. "Let your heritage reek from your wisdom teeth"??? Nah, that can't be right....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    Mark,

Exceptional idea! In the situation I am in, I sometimes have to play funk rhythms for long stretches. I know exactly what you mean about pick movement. I'm going to give your silicone pads a try. Thanks.
    You're welcome! Hope it helps.