The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Hello all!

I wanted to share this lovely Eastman guitar with everyone. I've had it for a few months, so its not exactly a NGD, but I'm still very excited about it. The quality of this guitar is really unbelievable. The fit/finish, wood choice, playability and tone really seem like something you'd expect from a 5-10k archtop. It has a solid spruce top, solid flamed maple sides, solid quilted maple back, and a lightly flamed maple neck. The back and sides are some of the most beautiful maple I've ever seen. It has 5 ply maple and ebony binding that is gorgeous. Ebony tailpiece, bridge, pickguard, and fretboard. Unplugged it actually has a really rich and satisfying acoustic tone. The pickup is a humbucker that Kent Armstrong designed with input from John Pisano, and it has a really nice warm and open sound. I can't say enough good things about this guitar! I think it really fits the bill if you want the feel of a very high end archtop, but can't afford the price tags of a Benedetto, Steve Andersen, etc.Eastman AR880CE John Pisano-rgoneapiweorwjdy6u45-jpgEastman AR880CE John Pisano-xlchysk5nwedgcp7ue7y-jpg Eastman AR880CE John Pisano-big-red-jpgEastman AR880CE John Pisano-cvtsjtz0jk7c5ufisbjx-jpgEastman AR880CE John Pisano-ofxzxaszro78fagkuizp-jpg
    Last edited by Dan__Man; 05-05-2021 at 03:43 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It certainly looks high end. Congratulations!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dan__Man
    Hello all!

I wanted to share this lovely Eastman guitar with everyone. I've had it for a few months, so its not exactly a NGD, but I'm still very excited about it. The quality of this guitar is really unbelievable. The fit/finish, wood choice, playability and tone really seem like something you'd expect from a 5-10k archtop. It has a solid spruce top, solid flamed maple sides, solid quilted maple back, and a lightly flamed maple neck. The back and sides are some of the most beautiful maple I've ever seen. It has 5 ply maple and ebony binding that is gorgeous. Ebony tailpiece, bridge, pickguard, and fretboard. Unplugged it actually has a really rich and satisfying acoustic tone. The pickup is a humbucker that Kent Armstrong designed with input from John Pisano, and it has a really nice warm and open sound. I can't say enough good things about this guitar! I think it really fits the bill if you want the feel of a very high end archtop, but can't afford some of the price tag of a Benedetto, Steve Andersen, etc.Eastman AR880CE John Pisano-rgoneapiweorwjdy6u45-jpgEastman AR880CE John Pisano-xlchysk5nwedgcp7ue7y-jpg Eastman AR880CE John Pisano-big-red-jpgEastman AR880CE John Pisano-cvtsjtz0jk7c5ufisbjx-jpgEastman AR880CE John Pisano-ofxzxaszro78fagkuizp-jpg
    That's a beautiful instrument. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

I hope you continue to enjoy yours as much as I enjoy the 2007 I bought about 4 years ago. Very light and comfortable, and the neck suits me to a tee.

User Info Menu

That's a beauty!
    I've played a number of Pisano's and I'm quite impressed with them, as I am the man! Great player!
    Congratulations!

User Info Menu

The Pisano models are the best of all Eastman electric archtops. I had one and I think it sounded wonderful. Very comfortable guitar to hold and very modern neck design.

User Info Menu

Great looking guitar

User Info Menu

A beauty - congrats!!

User Info Menu

Of maybe all the Eastman the Pisano strikes me the best. It seems to be the right jazz guitar with one pickup, I sure never need the bridge PU. I wish it were a 17 inch guitar but probably comfortable to play. It looks great with just the right amount of ornamentation. I especially like the sunburst shading and they really sound good. Basically for an everyday gigging guitar they would be a killer. I have heard Pisano playing his a number of times on clips and he sounds great with it. In my way of thinking you got one great guitar that covers the jazz stuff.............play it all the time for a long time.

User Info Menu

Over the years I’ve owned 4 of these, in every configuration. My favorite was the Mahogany version. The action on these is as smooth as butter!

User Info Menu

Congratulations, that's a beautiful guitar. I very nearly bought one of those once. I probably shouldn't have let it get away.

Enjoy it in good health.