The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi all,

New here. Just starting to get into jazz playing. Recently purchased a hollowbody Ibanez AF95rw-nt (rosewood model). Wondering if anyone has this guitar or is familiar with it? Curious if the top and back is a single cut piece of rosewood or laminate? Couldnt find anything conclusive online. Bought mine--in like new shape--from a local seller on craigslist for $400 and am super happy with it. Beautiful guitar. Wondering about the woods more out of curioisity.

Cheers,
    Zach

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Rosewood is usually just used for fingerboards its a very expensive wood when its good quality. I think Ibanez has a US distributer website who might be able to help you. I am talking about electric guitars acoustics are a different situation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zkinard
    Hi all,

New here. Just starting to get into jazz playing. Recently purchased a hollowbody Ibanez AF95rw-nt (rosewood model). Wondering if anyone has this guitar or is familiar with it? Curious if the top and back is a single cut piece of rosewood or laminate? Couldnt find anything conclusive online. Bought mine--in like new shape--from a local seller on craigslist for $400 and am super happy with it. Beautiful guitar. Wondering about the woods more out of curioisity.

Cheers,
    Zach

User Info Menu

Hi all,

Cheers,
    Zach
    According to this source it's laminated. I can't imagine it would be solid rosewood at that price point, and if it were the Ibanez catalogs would say that explicitly. [There's a link on the ibanez fan wiki to old catalog pages, and they just say "rosewood".]

Ahh this is most helpful. I think this wiki link answers my questions, thanks all. Glad too have found this site.

User Info Menu

Hi all,

Cheers,
    Zach
    Here's a link with the specs on your AF95rw-nt, confirming it is a laminate body. Enjoy your beautiful new guitar and jazz adventures!

https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/AF95RW