The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think there has to be someone else out there that is doing what I am doing. I want to carry my guitar, two amps (small 1x10s approximately 20 pounds each, 9 inches deep, 14 inches tall, side bu side 30 inches long), and my (smallish) pedalboard. I would like to not use a cart. Since everything is not heavy, there is no problem there. I have looked around but so far not been able to find an answer. I do not want to go back to my cart or multiple trips to and from the car days. Simple, easy, fast, is what I am trying to accomplish, while keeping my gear powerful.

Any ideas?
    Is there a keyboard gig bag that is deep enough?
    Is there any other bag?
    I might expand in the future to a third amp (wet/dry/wet).

Thank you

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Guitar in a gig bag on your back, small pedalboard in its bag slung across your front, an amp in each hand. Two amps, two hands.

User Info Menu

I use a backpack-style gig bag for my guitar, which leaves both hands free to carry an amp (or two). For occasions when I need several pedals (I don't have an actual pedal board), I use one of these Road Runner CRZR-PB1 Pedal Board Bag | Road Runner Bags, which has a shoulder strap that can go over or under the guitar bag. I've actually managed to carry two guitars -- one on the back, one over one shoulder -- plus this over the other shoulder and had both hands free. On the subway. It's a bit cumbersome, but manageable.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by st.bede
    I think there has to be someone else out there that is doing what I am doing. I want to carry my guitar, two amps (small 1x10s approximately 20 pounds each, 9 inches deep, 14 inches tall, side bu side 30 inches long), and my (smallish) pedalboard. I would like to not use a cart. Since everything is not heavy, there is no problem there. I have looked around but so far not been able to find an answer. I do not want to go back to my cart or multiple trips to and from the car days. Simple, easy, fast, is what I am trying to accomplish, while keeping my gear powerful.

Any ideas?
    Is there a keyboard gig bag that is deep enough?
    Is there any other bag?
    I might expand in the future to a third amp (wet/dry/wet).

Thank you

You have me thinking... there has to be a way to attach the pedalboard bag to the guitar gig bag... I will also look at the roadrunner a little closely. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    I use a backpack-style gig bag for my guitar, which leaves both hands free to carry an amp (or two). For occasions when I need several pedals (I don't have an actual pedal board), I use one of these Road Runner CRZR-PB1 Pedal Board Bag | Road Runner Bags, which has a shoulder strap that can go over or under the guitar bag. I've actually managed to carry two guitars -- one on the back, one over one shoulder -- plus this over the other shoulder and had both hands free. On the subway. It's a bit cumbersome, but manageable.

User Info Menu

I use a Mono Dual for two guitars on my back, and my pedalboard (Nano) fits in the Mono Tick, which is attached to the gigbag. That leaves two hands for two amps.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by st.bede
    You have me thinking... there has to be a way to attach the pedalboard bag to the guitar gig bag... I will also look at the roadrunner a little closely. Thank you
    Mono makes accessory pouches that can be strapped to rings on on the outside of the case, though not all their cases have this feature (e.g., I have an older M80 that predates it). Aside from that, you can probably jerry rig an accessory case and gig bag with heavy duty velcro.