The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So I wrote to Godin to find out if the e-to-e string spacing at the bridge saddle was any narrower on the ACS Slim Neck Nylon vs the standard width ACS Nylon. To their credit I received a very prompt and polite reply. To paraphrase, "No, all of the ACS nylon models including the ACS Slim have the same 2-1/4" spacing at the bridge saddle." I had been looking for something narrower, mainly for using a pick. So just for the h*** of it I bought a used ACS Slim off Reverb at a real nice price to check it out. Sure enough, the spacing at the saddle is much narrower, exactly 2". Shouldn't that customer service person have known that, or AT LEAST checked to be sure? Had they given me the correct info I probably would have ordered a new one. That incompetence lost them a sale.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    So I wrote to Godin to find out if the e-to-e string spacing at the bridge saddle was any narrower on the ACS Slim Neck Nylon vs the standard width ACS Nylon. To their credit I received a very prompt and polite reply. To paraphrase, "No, all of the ACS nylon models including the ACS Slim have the same 2-1/4" spacing at the bridge saddle." I had been looking for something narrower, mainly for using a pick. So just for the h*** of it I bought a used ACS Slim off Reverb at a real nice price to check it out. Sure enough, the spacing at the saddle is much narrower, exactly 2". Shouldn't that customer service person have known that, or AT LEAST checked to be sure? Had they given me the correct info I probably would have ordered a new one. That incompetence lost them a sale.
    It's a used instrument, so it might have been altered. It's also possible that there were changes in spec over time and they gave you the correct spec for current production. Another possibility is that they measure differently from you. Still another is that the one you bought is out of spec due to a manufacturing slip-up.

Given that they answered you promptly and politely before, it might be worth a follow-up before writing them off forever. They do make good stuff at a good price. If their customer service folks get some things wrong, well, that's kind of par for the course in that realm.

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    It's a used instrument, so it might have been altered. It's also possible that there were changes in spec over time and they gave you the correct spec for current production. Another possibility is that they measure differently from you. Still another is that the one you bought is out of spec due to a manufacturing slip-up.

Given that they answered you promptly and politely before, it might be worth a follow-up before writing them off forever. They do make good stuff at a good price. If their customer service folks get some things wrong, well, that's kind of par for the course in that realm.
    It definitely has not been altered (if you understand the acs series, it would be extremely difficult to do with the piezo/synth bridge), and the used model I bought is exactly from the time that they sent me the wrong spec. I'm not writing anyone off, I'm very pleased with the used guitar. It was just very incorrect info about their own product.

User Info Menu

That was ONE person who made a mistake, not the whole Godin company.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    It definitely has not been altered (if you understand the acs series, it would be extremely difficult to do with the piezo/synth bridge), and the used model I bought is exactly from the time that they sent me the wrong spec. I'm not writing anyone off, I'm very pleased with the used guitar. It was just very incorrect info about their own product.
    Ok ... Out of curiosity (since I don't know the model), I googled it, and there are multiple accounts of the two models having the same bridge spacing, so I have no explanation. Enjoy your guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Another possibility is that they measure differently from you.

Canada. They do things differently there.

User Info Menu

He was measuring in Canadian inches - everything is bigger in the USA.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ray175
    He was measuring in Canadian inches - everything is bigger in the USA.....
    True, if by "Canadian inches" you mean centimetres.