The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It looks a lot like the Fishman Artist--wonder if they had anything to do with its manufacturing?

Looks nice and the price is right, but I'm kind of jonesing for a Tonemaster DR right now...

I thought the same, I owned a Fishman Loudbox Mini and this definitely reminds me of it. I like this design better though personally, would like to see how it sounds in person for nylon and archtop

User Info Menu

were they not at one time affiliated somehow with a schertler sort of design? like they used to make it, or one of the guys came over or something? or am i misremembering again?

what business do they have making an acoustic amp otherwise? who just does it for the hell of it? there are acoustic brands and products in the godin family, i think. so maybe it makes sense. not a doctor over here.

edit- having watched the video it seems perfectly cromulent. neither the amp nor the guitar/pickup sounds were all that amazing, but it looks to offer a lot at the price point.

User Info Menu

how much weighs this amp?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feet
    were they not at one time affiliated somehow with a schertler sort of design? like they used to make it, or one of the guys came over or something? or am i misremembering again?

what business do they have making an acoustic amp otherwise? who just does it for the hell of it? there are acoustic brands and products in the godin family, i think. so maybe it makes sense. not a doctor over here.

edit- having watched the video it seems perfectly cromulent. neither the amp nor the guitar/pickup sounds were all that amazing, but it looks to offer a lot at the price point.
    I wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I had to look it up LOL.

User Info Menu

you can embiggen your vocabulary this way.

didn't know how else to describe the amp. seems fine, and i guess i'm largely ambivalent toward it. cromulent.

User Info Menu

Cromulent... anything to do with the crummy Romulans?

User Info Menu

Cromulent is an excellent word.

User Info Menu

I immediately thought of Cromulus and Cremus, the founders of ancient Crome.

Quote Originally Posted by feet
    They used to sell two amps made by Acus in Italy, which they branded Acoustic Solutions by Godin. They were really great acoustic amps for flattops, classical/flamenco, etc., comparable to AER and Schertler.

More or less the same amps are still available from Acus: Acus Sound Engineering - Official Web site

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    how much weighs this amp?
    I thought that there was a Schertler tie-in as well but the factory responded with........

It weighs 25 lbs.

Designed by Godin with a consultant in Italy and it is made in China.

User Info Menu

I like the control layout. With reverb and a selectable 2nd effect.

User Info Menu

I wish the video explained what the resonance control does...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dave70
    I wish the video explained what the resonance control does...
    It’s a low-frequency feedback control.

Like Woody Sound said, it's to keep acoustic guitars from going into howling "resonance." It's a notch-filter potentiometer.

User Info Menu

Thx... I like the smaller size, looks and tilt option. I'm debating if it would be a viable replacement for my Carvin AG100D (which has a 12" speaker) that I use for a restaurant gig with a percussionist. Hrm...

User Info Menu

Godin was the North American importer for Schertler for awhile. Then that role went to Eastman (yea.. that Eastman). And now the importer is Schertler USA.

Acus is made in a small town in Italy. They used to make some or all of the Schertler jam series. Then Schertler decided to make their amps elsewhere. Acus products are functionally and aesthetically very similar to the Schertler Jam series. They are a bit less expensive in the US than Schertler but there is not a clear warranty/support organization and that is an issue. The one time I tried to get support from Acus they were non-responsive.

Don't know the genealogy of the new Godin amp or how well it will be supported. New amp is made in China at a price point is quite a bit lower that Schertler or Acus so don't think it's related and I doubt it will benefit from that engineering history and design.
    Last edited by Spook410; 06-14-2021 at 03:50 AM.

User Info Menu

@Spook- Tnx for the details.

User Info Menu

I wonder how it compares to this 8" from Jeff Genzler.

Acoustic Array Mini - Genzler Amplification

New 8" 120 watt acoustic amp from Godin-genzler-mini-jpg