The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 28

Bud

User Info Menu

Sounds absolutely amazing with both archtop and elect-acoustics. I can't believe what this little guy puts out cleanly.

Bud-new-bud-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Congratulations WS! So much for going ampless!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Congratulations WS! So much for going ampless!
    It actually fits perfectly into my gear bag. I am hoping that if/when music theater stuff opens up again, a few pedals in front of The 2-channel Bud would cover most anything for that work.

User Info Menu

It'll probably work well with solid bodies too if you use a preamp pedal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    It'll probably work well with solid bodies too if you use a preamp pedal with it.
    Yeah I have a nice little Suncoast 2-ch preamp for everything from clean bypass, to some dirt, or then hit the switch for screaming leads.

User Info Menu

Congratulations! Consider adding an upright-facing Toob Metro 6.5BG by Yours Truly as a second speaker, and you have a super rig for the theater pit, even the big band. The ICEpower amp module inside the BUD can safely handle a 4 ohm load. We'll soon post a short demo video by a Norwegian troubadour on this combination on YouTube.

User Info Menu

Welcome to the club ! Ever since I got my Bud - it's about 4 years now - I regularly get comments about the BIG sound this lil' cube puts out, regardless of the type of gig/band/style. Absolutely amazing and so long overdue when you think about it ...

User Info Menu

Cool amp! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

When Henriksen was first introducing the 'Bud', Michael Biller had one that he brought for William Flynn to use for a workshop on Quartal Voicings at Cornish College for the Arts, in Seattle. I was a little skeptical at first, when I saw it's size.
    But, It was really impressive, and I especially remember that Amp filling the small performance auditorium remarkably well.
    Great Amp WS!
    Congratulations, and enjoy it a lot!

S

User Info Menu

The Bud and Blu are fantastic amps! Enjoy!!

User Info Menu

I heard Benedetto CEO Howard Paul accompany a saxophonist at the Frankfurt Musikmesse in 2016 on a 7-string Benedetto and the Bud. The surrounding cacophony is hard to describe, but this amp did an amazing job, and so did Howard. I believe both the amp module and speaker were changed around 2018, whereby the current edition is clearly lighter than the original.

User Info Menu

Congrats!

what are those lovely looking guitars by the way?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EvansDrD
    Congrats!

what are those lovely looking guitars by the way?
    Looks like a Carvin and a Sadowsky, perhaps?

User Info Menu

Stupid question but the only difference between the 2 is the number of channels? If so, blu for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    The Bud and Blu are fantastic amps! Enjoy!!

User Info Menu

I love my Blu 10”. It is now the only amp I own, and it’s so versatile. It sounds great with my archtop, steel string acoustic w/ pickup, and my Eastman T64V w/ P90’s. And, I can plug a microphone into it and use it as a preamp for recording my nylon strings into my iPhone. It’s the only amp I need.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    Stupid question but the only difference between the 2 is the number of channels? If so, blu for me.
    Blu does not have input gain control. For me, it helps to adjust for different guitars and pedals going into the Bud.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Looks like a Carvin and a Sadowsky, perhaps?
    Good eye. Carvin nylon and Sadowsky.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by medblues
    Blu does not have input gain control. For me, it helps to adjust for different guitars and pedals going into the Bud.
    Blu has a presence control. Is that different from input gain?

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Congratulations! Consider adding an upright-facing Toob Metro 6.5BG by Yours Truly as a second speaker, and you have a super rig for the theater pit, even the big band. The ICEpower amp module inside the BUD can safely handle a 4 ohm load. We'll soon post a short demo video by a Norwegian troubadour on this combination on YouTube.
    Thanks G, I haven't yet tried the external speaker out, but it might be promising. Almost like thinking of the Bud as a small head. But it sounds fab on it's own. The fr w/tweeter is an important part of what I do. Will be interesting to plug it in to one of my RE 12-ER's, just at home, they're too big to carry.
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 04-15-2021 at 07:57 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    Blu has a presence control. Is that different from input gain?
    Yes. Presence is EQ/tone, whereas input gain is to boost the signal coming into the preamp section "to accommodate a variety of instrument outputs.There is no one correct input gain setting, so the input gain control settingshould be experimented with in concert with the volume control setting for thebest results for any given application. For higher output pickups, active pickups,condenser mics, or effect devices, the input gain may be reduced to avoid unwanted distortion. For lower output devices, such as piezo-electric transducers ordynamic mics, the input gain may be increased to maximize overall output. Eachapplication will be different, so start with the control at 12:00 and go from there" (from The Bud user manual)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Thanks G, I haven't yet tried the external speaker out, but it might be promising. Almost like thinking of the Bud as a small head. But it sounds fab on it's own. The fr w/tweeter is an important part of what I do. Will be interesting to plug it in to one of my RE 12-ER's, just at home, they're too big to carry.
    The Bud/Blu with an extension cab is glorious!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by medblues
    I have both the Blu 10 and Blu 6. I do not need 2 channels and do not use pedals so the lack of an adjustable gain is of no importance. The Blu amps are about a pound lighter than the comparable Bud amps. At my age (63) weight is always a consideration.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    The Bud/Blu with an extension cab is glorious!!
    No doubt. The amp has a lot of torque in store, more so under 4 ohm loading. OTOH, if the extension cab is 10"-12", i.e. 95-100 dB, it may even make sense to shut the internal speaker off and use the BUD as a head, with or without the tweeter. It all depends on your playing circumstance, and what sounds good. This amp has options to share.
    Last edited by Gitterbug; 04-15-2021 at 03:37 PM.

User Info Menu

Anything that has the Henriksen label on it will sound awesome.
    Peter doesn’t just sit on his laurels either. Every version just gets better and better. Congrats

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    It actually fits perfectly into my gear bag. I am hoping that if/when music theater stuff opens up again, a few pedals in front of The 2-channel Bud would cover most anything for that work.
    Don't hold your breath...