The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

Guys,

recently I began to experience problems with that little looper that I never heard of.

Occasionally it misfuntions when you press it - you press once after recording but it does overdub ... or you expret playback but it records and so on. Especially problematic the erasing and stop playback process - it tries to do anything but not what's needed

The climax of it was a curious thing that I never heard of.... when it plays the recorded loop I play over it and begin to manipulate with separate EHX delay that stands before it in chain and the looper responds to the signal from delay and stops playback

Any ideas probably..

I want to try software update via USB as I believe the problem seems to be in software not in hardware... but not sure
    Last edited by Jonah; 04-13-2021 at 02:01 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You have to press twice quickly to get to the playback mode. If you press once while recording, it stops recording. If you press again, it starts dubbing. If you press twice, it goes to playback mode. Now if you press again it'll play. Press again, it'll dub.

The tradeoff of a small footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    You have to press twice quickly to get to the playback mode. If you press once while recording, it stops recording. If you press again, it starts dubbing. If you press twice, it goes to playback mode. Now if you press again it'll play. Press again, it'll dub.

The tradeoff of a small footprint.

I've been using it for a few years, I know how it should work)

User Info Menu

I have an X1 and haven't had any problems with it.

I also upgraded to an X4 and had to send it in twice for repair. The last time they replaced the motherboard. I think there were some motherboard issues with pedals made more than 3-4 years ago. I *think* it's been fixed by now.

I'm not a fan of their customer service either--hard to navigate their website.

Anyway not much advice to give except try to reboot it and update the software and see if that helps. If not, you may be where I was last year.

User Info Menu

Could be a faulty switch. That could account for all the symptoms. Or it could be a slightly loose connection somewhere inside.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Could be a faulty switch. That could account for all the symptoms. Or it could be a slightly loose connection somewhere inside.
    I’ve read the switches are low quality and go out quickly. Some people on forums discussed replacing the switches right away.

Again, don’t know if they’ve fixed it since 3-4 years ago. Some companies learn from their production mistakes and change things, some don’t.

Thank you guys for your comments and advice!

One thing I am curious about is how the EHX Grand Canyon delay manages to operate TC electronics looper...

it happens occasionally as I said when you the loppe does playback and I change something in delay that is set before the looper in the chain... and any manipulation on the dealy (like changing effect, tapping time, on/off delay tap) causes looper to stop playback (and the led begind to blink green)

User Info Menu

That would appear to be caused by the delay sending a signal to the looper that somehow gets through the switch, which makes it seem to me more likely to be a faulty switch.

That would appear to be caused by the delay sending a signal to the looper that somehow gets through the switch, which makes it seem to me more likely to be a faulty switch.

Thank you!
    I also talked to a local tech he also said that it was probably a switch.
    He said it is easy to replace but he was busy with other work for a while.
    Luckily there is a shop with all kinds of switches nearby.
    I will get one and swap the switch myself.

By the way - thanks to TC electronics - I will have to buy an allen key too to open a pedal!!
    Last edited by Jonah; 04-16-2021 at 12:23 PM.

User Info Menu

No, that's T-10 Torx screw. An Allen wrench won't work.

No, that's T-10 Torx screw. An Allen wrench won't work.
    Thank you!

Yes, I mistook English terms for those keys)

Still I would appreciate if they used regular screws)))

User Info Menu

Torx and hex head screws are much more robust and less likely to strip out, especially in a factory situation. Once upon a time, screws had one slot. That wasn't ideal, so the Phillips head screw was invented. It seems that it's slowly being replaced by Torx, which handle torque better both for screwing and unscrewing. Hex (Allen) screws are used where even more torque is needed, mostly in larger pieces. I have given in and bought a set of Torx drivers, as well as multiple sets of Allen wrenches in both metric and Imperial sizes.

Allen keys are quite common and I associate it with IKEA mostly.

Torx keys are rare. I used them last time on my Mitsibishi Carisma 20 yrs ago

User Info Menu

Torx screws are used in many applications, and they're reasonably common here. Many electronic devices use them, among many other applications. I don't know about your part of the world.