The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Picked this up Friday from the forum's own That Rhythm Man. I woke up at 5 AM, drove a couple hours to his studio to make the quick exchange of trading some of my gear, and drove back home with the L7 in time to work that whole day. I was exhausted, but it was very much worth it. It was my second purchase from him and first time meeting him, and couldn't recommend him more - great seller and nice guy!!

The McCarty is a repro with a Lollar pickup in it and it sounds fantastic. I have mainly been enjoying it unplugged though. Theres just something about that old wood sound from a Gibson archtop. I will try to post a video this week

New (Old) Guitar Day - 1953 Gibson L-7C-da2e0830-6e73-48fe-8a6e-e8aeb3a372f7-jpgNew (Old) Guitar Day - 1953 Gibson L-7C-1bf75778-0586-4568-9198-0b297971ae5e-jpgNew (Old) Guitar Day - 1953 Gibson L-7C-7c03e891-560d-46bb-959b-d94e0678eb33-jpgNew (Old) Guitar Day - 1953 Gibson L-7C-a899fe7c-c2d1-4178-8595-b108bd812134-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Ah .... I had one back in the 70's ... great guitars.
    Paid $750 bucks in Boston in 77.
    Looking forward to your video.
    Looks like a keeper

User Info Menu

Yippie! Another old L7 owner. These guitars have the sweetest sound on the planet! Congrats! It's hard to beat on old Gibson L7!

User Info Menu

looks killer.
    happy new Gibson L7 day !

many happy miles with it, it looks soo promising.

User Info Menu

Wow good find. My first jazz teacher had one, I was just mesmerized by its tone. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Congrats!

These can be such great guitars...I settled on L-7's a long time ago.
    (of course each has its own character or why have more than one?)

I've got a '49 L-7c with a McCarty that looks like its twin!
    I love mine and like yours it also has a great acoustic tone.

User Info Menu

Really nice instrument. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Beautiful!

User Info Menu

My L7 came with an endpin-jack already installed, so I wired my pickup to that. Is yours is setup that same way, with an endpin jack?
    New (Old) Guitar Day - 1953 Gibson L-7C-new-knobs-installed-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by icr
    My L7 came with an endpin-jack already installed, so I wired my pickup to that. Is yours is setup that same way, with an endpin jack?
    Yes! I wasn't aware of it until I showed up to get it but I am very, very glad it was already done.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie2
    Picked this up Friday from the forum's own That Rhythm Man. I woke up at 5 AM, drove a couple hours to his studio to make the quick exchange of trading some of my gear, and drove back home with the L7 in time to work that whole day. I was exhausted, but it was very much worth it. It was my second purchase from him and first time meeting him, and couldn't recommend him more - great seller and nice guy!!

The McCarty is a repro with a Lollar pickup in it and it sounds fantastic. I have mainly been enjoying it unplugged though. Theres just something about that old wood sound from a Gibson archtop. I will try to post a video this week
    Very nice. I love old L7’s too. My dad had a nearly identical guitar for over 50 years. It was a great sounding guitar.
    Keith