The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

I just found this sound file on my external hard drive. I thought it was crap at the time, but I was a harsh critic as the sound is not so bad. I kept neither the amp or the guitar, returning them both within a day or two, my mind was clearly somewhere else at the time.

Among the doodling you will hear Black Orifice, some Charlie Christian, Georgia, and some doodling. Someone might want to hear what the combo sounds like.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    I just found this sound file on my external hard drive. I thought it was crap at the time, but I was a harsh critic as the sound is not so bad. I kept neither the amp or the guitar, returning them both within a day or two, my mind was clearly somewhere else at the time.

Among the doodling you will hear Black Orifice, some Charlie Christian, Georgia, and some doodling. Someone might want to hear what the combo sounds like.

Is Black Orifice your composition :-)

User Info Menu

Just my little joke.

User Info Menu

I thought that was a fantastic overstep by autocorrect

As for the tone, I rather like it. It's very 60's-70's Jim Hall.

User Info Menu

Just listened all the way through sounds great to me!

User Info Menu

Nice sound. I tended to play my Godin a with a bit brighter tone that that, but it's good that way too. I recently gave mine to my brother in-law in Serbia, but hope to be able to visit it soon (the bro in-law too). They're great guitars, and can get a really rich tone.

John

User Info Menu

Oh my, what a joy it is hear the Robster once again.
    Some great, spirited playing there buddy. The Guitar sounds great by the way.
    Please keep em coming.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

hey, one from the archives!...nice playin, but definitely a darker drier tone than your usual...tho a lot of guys like and use that kind of tone

fun to hear

cheers

User Info Menu

Thanks, folks. It’s funny to hear it nine years later, just one moment I’d forgotten all about. The shout chorus bit at the five-minute mark is pretty good - can’t remember where I got it from.

User Info Menu

Rob,
    very pleasing tone quality. the Godin sounds good through the Mambo amp
    I purchased the cube with a 12" speaker in 2014 IIRC, on the recommendation
    of our friend Franz 1997, and it has been an extremely reliable and very good
    quality amp. I imagine that in retrospect you regret moving on the guitar and
    the Mambo. I believe that Dick O ( Dutchbopper ) still has one and
    I suspect a few members here may have one still. I hope that your post might
    raise interest in it , a portable ,good quality Jazz amplifier ( No affiliation)

besr, Silverfoxx

User Info Menu

Cheers, Alan. I think at heart I'm an acoustic player, and enjoy the dynamics I can work with, and also the tonal variety without having to step on a pedal or twist a dial. But I do like electric players, and every now and then I try to be one, but it never goes far. C'est la vie.

User Info Menu

Nice! I had one of those Godin's for a while. I miss it sometimes. The light weight and the P90 were a big plus.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ronstuff
    Nice! I had one of those Godin's for a while. I miss it sometimes. The light weight and the P90 were a big plus.
    Hi Ron-was that the 1 or two pickup version of the 5th Ave.?

Thanks

Doug

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B
    Hi Ron-was that the 1 or two pickup version of the 5th Ave.?

Thanks

Doug
    I had the single pickup version.... Really inexpensive guitar with a lot going for it! In my case it's even made locally!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Just my little joke.
    Black Orpheus?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ronstuff
    I had the single pickup version.... Really inexpensive guitar with a lot going for it! In my case it's even made locally!
    Thanks, Ron. The one pickup version is a nice compromise between an acoustic archtop and an electric.

Buy Canadian! (Vancouverite here)

Doug

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B
    Black Orpheus?
    Yes. It’s just an attempt at being funny...

User Info Menu

It’s probably where all your lost picks went.

User Info Menu

nice sound!