The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

The Heritage plant, owned by Band Labs, is making Harmony guitars. I don't know much about this and don't want to get it wrong. But they have hit the streets at a good price. Take a look.

Harmony Comet Electric Guitar - Sunburst | Sweetwater

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here's their website. I can believe they can crowd all of that quality material into a smallish price tag.

https://www.harmony.co/

User Info Menu

Will they be making budget archtops? Probably not...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    Will they be making budget archtops? Probably not...
    I doubt that also. Woods and human labor costs are high. The jazz clientele for archtops is fussy. The Comet sounds good as a semi.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    The jazz clientele for archtops is fussy.
    I was thinking more in terms of rockabilly and jump blues but a US made archtop doesn't come cheap....

User Info Menu

I've been following these for a while. The Comet demos sound especially good. Hopefully I can try one at some point but so far I've heard nothing but good things about the whole lineup.
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 04-06-2021 at 05:15 PM.

User Info Menu

While I like the vibe of the solid bodies, they don't really fit my style.

Their website mentions classic reissues coming soon. I would hope the Rocket and Meteor (one of Keith Richards' first guitars) would be reissued. And possibly some of their real archtops.

User Info Menu

news must travel slow in kalamazoo..hah

Harmony 8418 Reissue Amp

cheers

User Info Menu

I'm holding out for a Rocket with 3 or 4 pickups with chickenhead knobs and an appropriately confusing number of switches in Rouge et Noir Splatburst. And one or two other models whose names/numbers escape me for the nonce.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    news must travel slow in kalamazoo..hah

cheers
    Well, you're right, and that's the way we like it here. We'll be "woke" here after not being woke is trendy everywhere else.

Actually I hadn't seen the guitars for sale yet.