The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe
    Wow, I'm glad to see some more of those. You guys are going to have a good time with them. I've had one for about 10 years and I love it. A friend of mine who owns a music shop in Kentucky who sells Heritage Guitars told me my guitar was the best guitar he's ever seen come out of the "Gretsch" workshop. He was being sarcastic of course.

Mine is blonde with some pretty nice wood. I took off the stock pickguard and put on a repro D'A New Yorker pickguard with a 60s DeArmond Rhythm Chief. Congrats on NGD and NCD. (New Case Day).
    I was thinking that the DeArmond 1100 would be a good choice, too.

Deacon Mark mentioned that your Gretsch is primo. I recall your posts on it.

I'm not sure what you're doing in Kentucky. I lived on the state line but on the Evansville side of the Ohio River. It was dangerous for a Hoosier to stray too far into Kentucky. Plus well more than a century after the end of the Civil War I heard unflattering Yankee comments. They would laugh and say they're just joking, but I wasn't convinced. Some even referred to the Civil War as "that recent unpleasantness". Despite all that, I loved the scenery and the blunt honesty. It's beautiful country.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    Mine arrived an hour ago
    aside from a bit of dust it’s NOS and perfect
    Wonderful!
    Play it in good health!
    You need to set up a group shot one of these days.
    Well, I need it ... gotta love the group shots.
    Or at least a group shot of the Heritage-built ones.
    I'll be doing one soon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Wonderful!
    Play it in good health!
    You need to set up a group shot one of these days.
    Well, I need it ... gotta love the group shots.
    Or at least a group shot of the Heritage-built ones.
    I'll be doing one soon.
    Group shots? *ell yeah!!!

User Info Menu

NCD:  Super 400 type-886cc50d-6883-4307-a1f1-7916e15f45c0-jpegNCD:  Super 400 type-7a50145b-16e8-49c7-b878-04eb76b9c32c-jpegPost some photos if you don’t mind
    im dying to see what the other fellas get.

Here some Vic shots of the ghost built New Yorker, the wood is S pretty as my Citation. This is Number 40, the last one made - they had to use an excel tailpiece. What scores these are !!!

big

NCD:  Super 400 type-563ef420-9129-450f-835e-f6154efd9ca2-jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe
    Wow, I'm glad to see some more of those. You guys are going to have a good time with them. I've had one for about 10 years and I love it. A friend of mine who owns a music shop in Kentucky who sells Heritage Guitars told me my guitar was the best guitar he's ever seen come out of the "Gretsch" workshop. He was being sarcastic of course.

Mine is blonde with some pretty nice wood. I took off the stock pickguard and put on a repro D'A New Yorker pickguard with a 60s DeArmond Rhythm Chief. Congrats on NGD and NCD. (New Case Day).

User Info Menu

Crm114, how's the Gretsch sound?

User Info Menu

Even with the old strings on it it sounds good
    I posted it ont
    friends of the archtop guitar FB page
    some guy was there and said this about “my guitar” he was mistaken since mine didn’t have a case
    i was thinking it might be one of yours he was referring to

NCD:  Super 400 type-f991e27b-4447-49d0-b6a6-3b0a729c4021-png

User Info Menu

So Marty you hear from them yet ??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crm114
    So Marty you hear from them yet ??
    Mine arrives in two days.

I don't know which Gretsch the guy is referring to. There is a blonde with a case but I don't think Fred Gretsch signed it. There is one Fred did sign but it has no case. I also wonder how you can judge sound fairly when the strings are over 20 years old. He can only comment on what he hears, not what it would sound like with new strings. Still that's encouraging.

I'll post a report when I have more to add.

User Info Menu

Marty’s got THREE boxes from Julien’s
    oh man
    NGD X 3
    Last edited by Crm114; 04-13-2021 at 07:06 PM.