The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Financially it had been tough sledding. As I head to open heart surgery, why not take advantage of my Gear Card credit availability?

Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute P-90 Electric Guitar Vintage Gloss Ebony | Guitar Center

I have been gassing for a P90/P100 guitar since I sold my LP 40th Anniversary in 2004. Should be here in a few days.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That's a sweet rockin' guitar!

Perfect gift from you, to you for when you return from your upcoming procedure.

Will look forward to your "NGD" post, as well as a clean bill of health.

User Info Menu

Best of luck with your surgery! We will be keeping you in our thoughts.
    Last edited by citizenk74; 03-31-2021 at 12:36 PM.

User Info Menu

Good luck to Your operation!

A new guitar absolutely speedens up the recovery process. It should be part of any medical manouvre!

I found the joys of the Les Paul Special some years ago, having been a LP player for 30 years now. A great guitar! It has verything one needs from a guitar!

The P90s in my LPS are great. I usually change stock pus (usually to Duncan Antiquities) but in this LPS they are just as open and balanced as one could wish. They sing and they rock.

I bought my first LPS for a ’cheaper’ tool to take with me to jam sessions. After my first jam session that hobby stopped (a family guy is tired in the evenings...) but played the guitar a lot.

Congrats!

User Info Menu

I had a similar instrument, a '55/'78 "Reissue" with P-90 Soapbars that was just nifty. Awesome tone and playability. You will be very happy with it, I'm sure.

User Info Menu

Nice! Wishing you the best AS.

User Info Menu

Looks Sweet
    Good luck and a speedy recovery!

User Info Menu

My Special is from 2016 run made for Japan market. Before that I had a LP Special which was not a Special, it was "LP Junior Single Cutaway in Cherry finish and two P-90 pickups" according to Gibson Customer Service. It hadn't fretboard bindings.

Maybe the Custom Shop LP Specials would be even nicer guitars but I acquired this because I wanted a bit cheaper 'no worry guitar' for gigs.

There are 'real' LP Specials, there are LP Junior Single Cutaways with two P90 pickups and even LP Junior Specials. All look like real Specials. Why so many names?

(Sorry about pic rotation...)

Coming - Les Paul Special Tribute-lpspecial-jpg

User Info Menu

Alder Statesman,
    I just wanted to wish you well with your upcoming surgery.
    It’s alway nice having something to look forward to. And doesn’t get much cooler than a Les Paul.
    Whenever I play a Les Paul I laugh at all the times I rave about the “sustain” or “playability” of any given Archtop. A Les Paul is really a guitar that cover all the bases. They are great guitars.
    Stay strong AS. You are going to be ok.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Congrats and good luck!

I hope you got Cherry Red...

User Info Menu

Best wishes for a successful operation Alder Statesman, I'm sure that
    everyone here hopes for a trouble free time and to see you back here
    very shortly.

Kind regards Silverfoxx

User Info Menu

Thanks for all of the well wishes. I was fortunate in that for two hours I was “stuck” with a research scientist (or rather she was stuck with me) who is developing the newest generation of heart valve replacements. Learned a lot from her.

Could not bond with the Gibby as it was a bit too rough around in the edges, but for a couple hundred less I got this:

Coming - Les Paul Special Tribute-a76c04ad-f8f9-4294-b0dd-9cde77d73d63-jpg

Really enjoying it. Great tone and vibe from the Epi.

User Info Menu

Nnnnice!
    Enjoy. I hope you are doing well!
    Joe D