The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 27

User Info Menu

I just ordered the Ibanez JSM20TH.
    But it will only be delivered to me in September...

JSM20TH | JSM | HOLLOW BODIES | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars

While I wait, I continue to learn as much as I can...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by samoiedo

Congrats buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Awesome!
    With 2 MIJs trust me you will be a very happy camper

User Info Menu

Wow ... Way to go .. So soon .. A big congrats from me!

I'm still waiting for more specs on the upcoming Metheny Ibanez PM25TH, that is if it ever materializes??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by samoiedo

User Info Menu

I have an Ibanez AFJ85 and love it (It's my second wife!!)

samoiedo and to JGO!

WOW, what a beauty she is!!!!
    Congrats, HNGD and play her in good health!

User Info Menu

Sexy! I had the JSM10 – great guitar – sold it to a friend who is totally happy and prefers it to his 80's ES 335. But a black JSM made in Japan – that's probably the real deal!

User Info Menu

Do you have any news on your JSM 20th? Has it landed and can you tell us a bit more about it?
    Thanks

The guitar hasn't arrived in stores yet...
    The forecast is to arrive in December or January.
    The wait is getting unbearable...

User Info Menu

That's what I thought since my research gave me 0 reviews or so...
    Sorry to hear that the wait is getting longer...and for me too since I ordered one through my local dealer who was told he could have one by the end of November...seems this will take a few months longer now!!
    But please report as soon as you'll have it!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    Wow ... Way to go .. So soon .. A big congrats from me!

I'm still waiting for more specs on the upcoming Metheny Ibanez PM25TH, that is if it ever materializes??
    I don't think that one is going to happen, honestly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    I don't think that one is going to happen, honestly.
    Why not?
    I see Pat regularly playing an IBANEZ (not his Slaman) with a CC pickup...that would make a great 25th guitar, no?

User Info Menu

It would make a great 25th! If they follow the GB 25th idea, it will get blinged out I suppose. Not Pats style, like it is GBs)))

My Ibanez dealer friend said if its going to be real, it will show up in the 2022 catalog which should come out in December. He has no clue if its coming.

Heres my reasons for pessimism:

-Only mentioned in forums, no official talk out on the net.
    -No Ibanez dealer has said to have heard anything about it, other than a one line no detail listing on a marketing note awhile ago.
    -Ibanez cut the low cost PM out of the catalog.
    -How big is the market for such a unique guitar?

Anyway I hope to see it! But I dunno.

FYI Ibanez warned dealers a major price increase is coming 2/1/22. And anything sold after 2/1 is sold at the increased price, not its in-inventory price. Makes me wonder if they will move the catalog closer to that date? Also dealers have been warned the inventory issues will not be solved in 22, will take into 23.

Much to ponder.

User Info Menu

True forgot about the site listing. IIFC its details were copied from another artist series.
    Waitin’ waitin’

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsoby
    Why not?
    I see Pat regularly playing an IBANEZ (not his Slaman) with a CC pickup...that would make a great 25th guitar, no?
    It absolutely would. A good friend of mine is a well known (here and other places) small shop Ibanez dealer and he has told me there is zero discussion on it. I was really hoping for one and he told me not to hold my breath. What is coming is a rather large raise in prices in February. Price increases obviously happen, but when a company announces it 6 months in advance you can expect it to be big.

User Info Menu

Hmmm… Dealer, No discussion, dont hold your breath. Big price increase…. I bet lyou and I might have the same friend
    Must not forget Ibanez isnt going to honor existing pricing on stock in inventory…. Henry Js first big decision in ‘89 that started the lkng and winding road)))

(I had an order in and down payment on an L5C that Jim Triggs agreed to make for me. Very excited. Got a letter ‘hey that 3500$ L5C on order? PSurprise… Its 8,000$ now. I said no no no)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    Hmmm… Dealer, No discussion, dont hold your breath. Big price increase…. I bet you and I might have the same friend
    I'd say that's funny, but "that's rich" is probably more apt He drives Daniel Craig's old (not really) Aston Martin, it's a real head turner!

User Info Menu

This one? That’s rich!
    Ibanez JSM20TH-7a782de2-4631-4aaf-983e-c8d2ee4e4d77-jpeg
    Last edited by jazzkritter; 11-10-2021 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Wrong emoji

User Info Menu

I offered to trade an Omega watch for it, but he didnt see the value in that deal lol)))
    jk

Quote Originally Posted by rsoby
    That's what I thought since my research gave me 0 reviews or so...
    Sorry to hear that the wait is getting longer...and for me too since I ordered one through my local dealer who was told he could have one by the end of November...seems this will take a few months longer now!!
    But please report as soon as you'll have it!!
    Finally, I was informed that this guitar arrives next Friday. Unfortunately, I can't pick it up until the 26th of March.
    I'll give my opinion when it's in my hands.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    It absolutely would. A good friend of mine is a well known (here and other places) small shop Ibanez dealer and he has told me there is zero discussion on it. I was really hoping for one and he told me not to hold my breath. What is coming is a rather large raise in prices in February. Price increases obviously happen, but when a company announces it 6 months in advance you can expect it to be big.
    I ordered a Heritage Eagle Classic Standard last fall and I have no clue when it will arrive. Not sure about standard production models but their custom shop was "temporarily" shut down last fall. At that time they said it would reopen "soon." It's just a guess on my part but "soon" to me means around the first of the year 2023. Hope I'm wrong. There has already been a $500 price increase since I ordered the Heritage Eagle Classic Standard.

Finally, I already have the Ibanez JSM20TH...

Been a long wait but finally it arrived! Thought I would share this quick video of me playing round midnight on it

User Info Menu

Superb playing and a wonderful sounding guitar. Enjoy for hundreds of hours to come.