The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

Hello all,

In mid-December I got on Mark's 2 year wait list, but in a recent thread about the latest batch, I learned this guitar was available now at Acoustic Music. It wasn't exactly what I was thinking I'd order when my turn came up with Mark. I was thinking I'd be going for the 3" Deluxe and thought I wanted a 25.5" scale with a 1 11/16" nut. This is a 3" Standard and has a 25" scale and a 1 3/4' nut.

So I kept going back and forth and was surprised it was still available after a few weeks. I decided maybe it's just waiting there for me!! So on a moment's notice I decided to just go for it. Wow what a great decision! I feel very fortunate.

I got it on Friday. I've mentioned to Mark and to Brian at Acoustic Music that it would take a gang of people to pry it from my hands. It's hard to put into words, but the feeling of exquisite quality and beauty when you open the case and pick it up is hard to describe. Shocking really. Pictures, words and videos don't do these guitars justice. It has such clarity, power and responsiveness. It's like it calibrates to your fingers and says "let's go". It's one of those guitars that has incredible head room. As you dig in it blossoms in volume and sound envelopes you. So cool. And the tones...pleasing growling bass notes, sweet mids and singing highs, all with wonderful sustain. And balanced all over the fretboard. And the fact it has different dimensions from what I thought I wanted and had been concerned about? Out the window. The thing plays itself.

I mentioned to Mark and others that it's astonishing really that there is a person who can take a bunch of stuff (wood and glue, what have you) and create from it such an incredible piece of art. What skill and talent it takes. Amazing.

As I said the pictures don't do it justice, but here are some anyway

New Campellone Standard-20210328_145808-jpgNew Campellone Standard-20210328_145612-jpgNew Campellone Standard-20210328_145513-jpgNew Campellone Standard-20210328_145408-2-jpgNew Campellone Standard-20210328_145320-1-jpg

If you've ever been on the fence for one of these, don't be! Go for it!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar ! So glad you pulled the trigger. Marks fit and finish is perfection.
    Congrats !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

It is a wonderful guitar you did well and really to me the best of getting an Gibson JS or L5. I have to tell you looking the the guitar is called a STANDARD, because of course it does not have some of the gingerbread right? No position markers, not a lot of fancy inlay, not huge layers of binding. So sort of a Plain Jane as we use to call them in the shop.

To me this Plain Jane is like a true beautiful woman all the the way through. You get rid of all the make-up and dress-up and find.................oh my gosh this Lady is still gorgeous and does not need any of that to stand out!

User Info Menu

That's a beauty! I love that look. And it's so great to read about your experience with your new guitar and the decision making process. It's always better to play them before you buy them. And it's hard to find a better guitar than a Campellone. I have one similar with 25" scale, pure black fretboard, 1.75" nut. Amazing!

Congratulations, and as the Deacon told me recently, play the frets off of it!

Cheers, Steve

User Info Menu

A beauty! I bought a Camps from Brian a dozen years ago or so, now. He was great to work with. I wish I still had the Camps. Enjoy! They are every bit as good as the accolades they receive, and then some.

User Info Menu

Sheer elegance! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

Very pretty! Congrats, HNGD and play her in good health!

User Info Menu

I love the smell of sunburst first thing in the morning!

User Info Menu

Congratulations! That thing is beautiful! I was eyeballing it too. Spoke to the store and they could not have been more helpful! Enjoy it!

User Info Menu

The second Campellone I bought was a gorgeous Standard
    it felt perfect in my hands
    lsst year I traded it snd cash for an 18 inch Special
    i own a lot of great guitars
    but the Campellones are my best

Your guitar is stunning in its elegance
    Last edited by Crm114; 03-30-2021 at 07:45 AM.

User Info Menu

Congratulations!!
    That Standard is anything but..
    It is simply stunning & as you already stated a tone machine!!
    Nick

User Info Menu

Thank You for posting this.
    Its giving me ideas...
    Your Guitar is beautiful. Marks execution is really second to none.
    JD

User Info Menu

That is a beautiful sunburst! I am on Mark’s list for another guitar, and every time I see a new Campellone I change my mind over the finish I will choose! Today, it’s definitely sunburst.

Congratulations.

User Info Menu

I recently joined “the list”. Can’t wait!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by m1austin
    That is a beautiful sunburst! I am on Mark’s list for another guitar, and every time I see a new Campellone I change my mind over the finish I will choose! Today, it’s definitely sunburst.

Congratulations.
    Thank you! That's great to hear. All of his guitars are beautiful so we can't go wrong with any finish. I will say that seeing this one in person for the first time was a revelation. I smile every time I see it or pick it up!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rograt
    I recently joined “the list”. Can’t wait!
    You won't regret it! And with me buying this one means everybody behind me moved up one slot!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW10
    You won't regret it! And with me buying this one means everybody behind me moved up one slot!!
    Very generous of you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by m1austin

Congratulations.

User Info Menu

Paul, do you happen to know the neck thickness at the nut? Thanks- in the middle of a Campy build now and have to make some decisions!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bluejaybill
    Paul, do you happen to know the neck thickness at the nut? Thanks- in the middle of a Campy build now and have to make some decisions!
    Hi Bluejaybill,

I wasn't quite sure how to measure since it gets thicker at the nut, so I thought a photo might help. Looks like the neck itself is 3/4" there and 1" at the nut? It's a very comfortable neck for me. Let me know if I can get more precise.

New Campellone Standard-20210407_144158-jpg